Skip to content

Comments

• edited December 2017

I understand Graham Horwood is injured and will be replaced by David Coote which is a slight surprise as he is from Nottinghamshire.

• If David Coote referees our game on Saturday and the Preston v Middlesbrough game on Monday (as he is scheduled to) he will have refereed 4 games in 9 days.
    I have no idea what he and Darren Deadman were being investigated about at the start of the season (if we are to believe the Sun and the Mirror) but Mr Coote is either incredibly fit or is taking punishment for whatever the Professional Game Match Officials Limited may have been investigating.

• edited December 2017

Would the same official really be assigned to referee two Wycombe matches in successive weeks? Slightly surprised if so, open to all kinds of accusations of bias.
    Suppose he gives a dubious penalty/red card in the first game either for or against us which reply shows to have been the wrong decision. He'd be only human if he let that affect any decision he made in the next match.
    Makes more sense to have him as fourth official in one of these two games in my view.

• @Twizz said:
    Would the same official really be assigned to referee two Wycombe matches in successive weeks? Slightly surprised if so, open to all kinds of accusations of bias.
    Suppose he gives a dubious penalty/red card in the first game either for or against us which reply shows to have been the wrong decision. He'd be only human if he let that affect any decision he made in the next match.
    Makes more sense to have him as fourth official in one of these two games in my view.

He refereed Wolves v Ipswich on 23 December; Birmingham v Norwich on Boxing Day; and is scheduled to referee Preston v Middlesbrough on New Year’s Day. Hence my suggestion that officiating at Adams Park on Saturday might be a bridge too far!

• I didn’t know that David Coote was lined up to referee our Cup game.

• Aren’t football league refs paid by the game and keen for as many games as they can get?

• New ref for tomorrow is Christopher Sarginson from Staffordshire who was promoted to the National List of Referees in 2008.

Last season he took charge of Wycombe's 0-0 draw at home to Blackpool.

During the current campaign he's issued 5 red and 83 yellow cards in 25 appearances.

Read more: http://www.wycombe.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=516098#ixzz52fY4jThW

• @rmjlondon said:
    I understand Graham Horwood is injured and will be replaced by David Coote which is a slight surprise as he is from Nottinghamshire.

As you no doubt gathered, it was more than a slight surprise to me that David Coote could be a replacement, given the number of matches between 23 December and 1 January (3) that he had either officiated at or was scheduled to. 4 in nine days seemed somewhat excessive!
    Where on earth did you get your “understanding “ from?