Skip to content

A Christmas feast of local football this Saturday

edited December 2017 in Football

With Wycombe's game at Coventry moved to Friday night to accommodate the pests' home game on Saturday it now leaves Saturday free if you want to avoid the shopping crowds. There are some big games locally (all 3pm) that will be well worth seeing:

NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH:

Brackley Town v AFC Telford United

NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH:

Hemel Hempstead v Concord Rangers
Oxford City v Hampton & Richmond
Wealdstone v St Albans City

SOUTHERN LEAGUE PREMIER DIV:

Chesham United v Hereford
Slough Town v Stratford Town

SOUTHERN LEAGUE EAST DIV:

Aylesbury v Hayes & Yeading Utd
Beaconsfield Town v Aylesbury Utd
Marlow v Arlesey Town
Thame United v Chalfont St Peter

SPARTAN SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION:

Berkhamsted FC v Tring Athletic
Holmer Green v Leverstock Green

HELLENIC LEAGUE PREMIER DIV:

Flackwell Heath v Tuffley Rovers

Good luck. For £5-12 admission it's a lot cheaper than buying least minute presents people don't want!

Comments

• PLEASE DELETE THE FLACKWELL HEATH GAME. Apparently it was played 2 weeks ago but hasn't been updated on their web-site. So Flackwell Heath v Tuffley is NOT on.

• 2/3 Chairboy fans will be at Rayners Lane v Risborough Rangers in the Spartan South Midlands Division One.

• @Kimble_Blue can you do me a favour?

Rayners Lane Vets have an ex Wycombe midfielder apparently but can't work out who he is? Also, they used to have a bald bloke up front (Danny something maybe?) who was their record goalscorer but I can't remember his name.

Any info much appreciated.

• Sorry @peterparrotface I have no idea, will be there from a Risboro' point of view, my nephew is assistant manager. I will have a scout about for you.

• edited December 2017

Oxford City 0-0 Hampton & Richmond. Both teams were on good runs, City unbeaten in seven league games, but only three points clear of the drop, the Beavers unbeaten in 15, and on a hot streak of eight straight wins. The Beavers had most of the play in the first half, without threatening, City were dangerous on the break and had three good chances to score. After the break, the Beavers again dominated initially, forcing a good save but City grew stronger and hit the post twice. Probably a fair result on a day when defences dominated. Max Kretzschmar played the no.10 role for Hampton, some nice touches and good vision but I kept wanting more from him.

It was the first time I had seen City's new 3G pitch. There were so many rubber pellets lying on the surface, it looked like a grass pitch cut up in the wet. It seemed to play pretty well, no high bounce and not too fast. The attendance was 259, about their average but why do they play homes games on the same day as United? About 50 Hampton fans were there, quite vocal. After today's results Hampton are fifth but the top five all have 39 points. City are now only one point clear of relegation, with only one game in hand on teams around them.

• Shame I didn't know you were there today Steve - would have been nice to say hello. Thought it was a pretty poor game overall, though City unlucky not to snatch it at the death; they were far more convincing in their 3-1 defeat of Truro a couple of weeks back when I saw them last. And yes, sad to see that Max didn't look anything special at this level.

I imagine a few Oxford United fans wished they'd gone to see City today instead.

• Last minute choice @MindlessDrugHoover, I hope to see you next time. I see that the new City directors have reduced the £1.5 million debt to £900,000 in 17 months, and they reckoned the Notts County income would gave them another six months. Big shame they didn't get the replay and another TV windfall. That is a huge amount of debt for a club who average 250.