Skip to content

Dom Gape

Any updates on Dom Gape returning to the squad?

Comments

• Is the start of the regular 'I demand to know what sort of personal circumstances I'm not allowed to know about?' thread beloved of the Gasroom @Blue_since_1990 ?

• Thought I heard a mention in one of Gareths interviews that he was back this week? Could be wrong though.

• No not really Wendoverman, just trying to find out if anyone knows when the young lad will be back. Thank you Ewan.

• I can only re-iterate what I have put on here twice in the last week or so - namely that, before the Yeovil match on 25 November, Dom told us that he’d picked up a knock in training but felt confident that he’d be OK for the Leatherhead game. (You will recall that a family bereavement had prevented him from travelling north for the Accrington game.). He was in really good spirits and I can only think that, in his boyish enthusiasm, he was a little over-optimistic. After all, there’s only been one gain the meantime, Sido’s been acquitting himself well and we’re not short of midfielders. Good to have Dom waiting in the wings though.

• “One game” of course.

• Oh, god - “there’s only been one game in the meantime “!

• well it IS a gain in the meantime to have Sido performing well, @micra so you were almost right when you were wrong.

• A good spin @Wendoverman but, as you know, I get very tetchy with myself!

• "Gareth Ainsworth hopes to have Dominic Gape available again after a hamstring problem, while Scott Kashket is edging closer to a return following his long-standing pelvic injury."
    https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2017/december/match-preview-for-wycombe-wanderers-vs-chesterfield-on-16-dec-172/

• What the hell is going on? An injury update on the squad! This has now given a massive advantage to Chesterfield.
    On a serious note part of me of wants to temper my expectations for Kashket but I am like a kid before Christmas knowing he is almost back.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    What the hell is going on? An injury update on the squad! This has now given a massive advantage to Chesterfield.
    On a serious note part of me of wants to temper my expectations for Kashket but I am like a kid before Christmas knowing he is almost back.

I'm trying to work on the assumption Kashkett will never return to form/fitness. That way I can't be disappointed!

If he can resume goal-scoring form in the second half of the season we will surely be in the promotion mix. I worry that such a long lay off at a young age (he can't have played more than 3-4 games in 12 mnths) may be severely detrimental to his career.

• "Edging closer to a return"? I think we'll see Kashket on the bench today as an early Xmas present from the club.

• Agree with @Aloysius. The BFP certainly made it sound like he was actually back now, and it's just a case of when he's first used.

He's been "close" for months now after all.

Things now become a tricky selection issue Bayo and CMS clear starters, but one from Paris, Tyson, Kashket, with Freeman and Southwell just below.

• personally if all fit id go with Tyson.... Kashket and Freeman subs for now, Kasket first on if Bayo or CMS go off, Freeman first on if Tyson off.... just my opinion, dont start a row !

• Paris not even getting a look in?

• Gape on the bench today with PCH.

• Lol ! Sorry @Malone ... totally forgot about Paris !!... Ahh, need a think now