Skip to content

Match day thread: Stevenage

Comments

• Can anyone who has been before recommend the best place to park? I believe there's a large free car park nearby, but I don't know if I'll be stuck there for ages after the game?

• There is and you will although its not as bad as Adams Park. Don't be tempted to park in the retail park opposite as you're likely to get a ticket. The town centre is just about walkable if you park there.

• If you leave promptly you will not be delayed.

• The free car park has always worked well enough whenever I've been there.

Went by train once but didn't seem worth the hassle.

• Thanks all - will give that a go!

• MATCH DAY! Stevenage v Wycombe Wanderers will be live on BBC3CR 95.5FM, 630/1161MW with myself and Steve Watkins

⚽️

• Great to see Tyson on the bench

• And iFollow, Phil ?

• No Paris even on bench, injury or issues?

• was that a goal for Brown or did it not cross the line?

• I watched it again, and it looks like the defender got to it before it crossed. I think that is the third time Brown has almost scored this season!

• Marcus Bean, eat your heart out !

• Some games have 0-0 written all over them when the fixture list comes out.

• Just back. Absolutely battered them in the last half hour and really should have taken the points. Missed a bit of quality the whole game - final passes not weighted right, Freeman rushing a couple of excellent chances, players not quite in the right place to pick up second balls. Thus, a draw not unfair but points dropped rather than won. They took their best player off when we made our changes - ended their scoring threat. Keen to see the clearance off the line of Browny's free kick!

• Without Sam Saunders the midfield looked lost, nobody controlling the tempo. And his workrate was ten times that of Eze, who didn't get much service to be fair bit also didn't go looking for the ball like Sam did. Interesting selection decision for next week.

Great to see Tyson back and although he could have scored with the header the uplift in class and threat vs Freeman was clear.

• Indeed, @EssexWanderer , I also thought Eze something of a passenger today and that he needed to look for the ball much more actively. Sam was a big upgrade for his energy even if some of his usual quality wasn't quite there today.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We play Chesterfield at home next week !!

• Post match interview with Gareth Ainsworth: "We really did ask a lot of questions of their defence and they came up with the answers. Fair play"

https://philcatchpole.com/2017/12/09/stevenage-fc-0-0-wycombe-wanderers/