Skip to content

Local games Sat 2nd December

With Wycombe's FA Cup-tie taking place at 2pm on Sunday there's a chance to join the merry throng of Christmas shoppers on Saturday. Alternatively you could take in a local match, of which there are some potentially cracking good encounters:

FA VASE 3RD ROUND:

Tring Athletic v Berkhamsted

NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH:

Brackley Town v Stockport County

NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH:

Wealdstone v Braintree Town

SOUTHERN LEAGUE EAST DIV:

Aylesbury United v Cambridge City
(at Chesham United FC)
Beaconsfield Town v Northwood
Chalfont St Peter v Marlow
Uxbridge v Hayes & Yeading United

SPARTAN SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION:

Holmer Green v St Margaretsbury

Hopefully lots of local players will have the chance to come to Adams Park on Sunday for the Wycombe v Leatherhead FA Cup-tie.

Comments

• Tring v Berko local derby for me. I saw them play a very entertaining, and rather feisty, Herts Charity Shield Final last season at Hemel, with Berko scoring two late goals to win 3-2. Berko are unbeaten in the league this season, the only one in all 14 Step 5 divisions.

• Risborough Rangers make the short trip to Hillingdon Borough in the Spartan South Midlands Division One. They met at Risboro' about a month ago with Rangers running out 10-1 winners.

• Off to Tiverton Town on the Kings Langley team coach. Bargain price allows me to complete every ground in the top 7 levels of English football.

As for a recommendation, if you wanna put in a few extra miles, Hitchin Town is a wonderful ground and they have a local derby against Dunstable

• Tring Athletic 1 Berkhamsted FC 0

In a feisty FA Vase 3rd Round tie the hosts came out narrow winners in this closely fought West Herts derby. Tring led through a first-half goal by Chris Vardy in front of a crowd of 285.

Berkhamsted's second-half fightback was stalled by a floodlight failure after 52 mins. Fully 45 minutes later the match was restarted and was a succession of Berkhamsted attacks. However Tring's defence was magnificent and the visitors could not get the final breakthrough. An injury time effort hit the post but it was the underdogs Tring who progress to the 4th round.