He takes me away to that special place
And if I'd stare too long
I'd probably break down and cry
Oh, oh, oh
Sweet Luke o'nien
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Sweet luke o'nien

Comments

• The whole reason he's called Sweet Luke O'Nien is because his song used to be Sweet Caroline, which was much more original than his current song, scanned perfectly and made sense.

Now for some reason we shoe-horn 'sweet' in where it doesn't make contextual sense. Bizarre.

• Sweet child of mine is the original so not really shoehorning is it!

• I prefer “Get into ‘em, f**k ‘em up”.

• edited November 2017

One of my favourite numbers is ‘You’re gonna get your f**kin’ ‘eds kicked in’

• shit on the floor, shit on the floor

• 'ello 'ello silly haircut silly haircut

• He’s fat he’s round he scores at every ground

• Always shit on a Tesco carrier bag

He's wearing a hat, he's wearing a haaat, its f-ing summer, he's wearing a hat

• @eric_plant said:

shit on the floor, shit on the floor

I was wrong. That’s the best chant. But I do like the clever bit in the aforementioned chant when they change it mid flow to ‘fuck em up, get into em’.

• I miss the glory days of the terrace falling silent as the opposition keeper took a goalkick, then roaring 'twat!' just before he connected with the ball.

• Let's shout abuse at the keeper....

Aaaaas-buse

Let's shout moooooore abuse at the keeper

More abuse.

• The one-off chant directed at Liam Gallagher during the Man City home game in 1998 informing him that his missus gets a tax-free income from lying on her back was probably as witty as the Valley End will get.

• I had a little chuckle when the Valley Terrace sang "where's your real Dad?" at Shaun Wright-Phillips, but on reflection that was probably a bit mean

• The "Ten toed Aussie standing in the goal" chant when we had Jamie Young in goal after Frank Talia removed one of his toes with a lawnmowver and was on the bench was genuinely inspired.

• playing Chelsea in a pre-season July 2005 and as they sang 'who are ya who are ya' the terrace as one (and almost in tune!) started to sing 'and you'll never walk alone....' at which Chelsea fell silent. It was a beautiful moment as of course Liverpool had knocked Chelsea out of the Champions League not long before and gone on to win it that year

• Also quite enjoyed when Graham Rix managed Oxford and some on the terrace managed 'If you tollerate Rix then your children shall be next..'

• It’s cold and it’s wet and it looks just like an O'Nien,
    It’s cold and it’s wet, I haven’t named it yet but it’s cold and it’s wet and it looks just like an O'Nien.
    It’s blue and it’s mossy and it quivers in the moonlight.
    It’s a kind of a dusty blue with the hint of a greenish hue.
    But it’s blue and it’s mossy and it quivers in the moonlight.
    It’s fluffy when it’s frightened and it runs right up the chimney.
    But I didn’t mind it blubbing cos my chimney needed scrubbing.
    It’s fluffy when it’s frightened and it runs right up the chimney.
    It’s cold and wet and blue and mossy and fluffy and scared and O'Nien-like!