Skip to content

FA Cup

When are the live / Sunday highlight TV matches announced for round 2?

I'm hoping for a Sunday game, what are the chances?

Comments

• The live TV matches have been announced: http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/nov/14/emirates-fa-cup-second-round-bt-sport-live-notts-county-oxford-city-slough-town-rochdale-141117

I guess it's about 50:50 whether Wycombe will play Saturday or Sunday.

• Excellent news, I was worried our game was going to be chosen

Just hope we're not one of Sunday ones now

• I'm with @Stewie63 in hoping for a Sunday match; can't make the Saturday.

• If we play Billericay I reckon it’ll be on Sunday.

• I think there's a very good chance it's going to be on the Sunday - it seems to be where they put the games with upset potential that didn't make the tele.

9 days on from the draw to still not know when we're playing is pretty disgraceful though.

• Big difference between Leatherhead and Billericay. I expect Billericay to win the replay tomorrow and that would pretty well guarantee that our match will be on Sunday 3 December at 2pm.

• That’s more than a fortnight’s notice. How disgraceful is that?

• The Notts Co game has only just been chosen for Saturday lunchtime and the Slough vs Rochdale game for Monday night. I think that part of the process has taken longer than it should. Expect some games to be moved to Sunday for BBC FInal Score coverage and an announcement on all timings very soon.

• I see the BBC have chosen a game in the north west for their Friday night game. Amazing how often that seems to be the case

• @micra Many people who want to take the day off that weekend to be at game would have to give their boss notice by now, particularly at a time of year when the number of weekend workers increases. Families will also make plans more than a couple of weeks in advance.

Basically, TV companies should be forced to make decisions within 72 hours after the draw to give fans as much notice as possible. I really don't think that's much to ask, albeit I appreciate unrealistic.

• Funny how that happens isn't it? The BBC's move to Salford has coincided with a lot of cross promotion of it's own programmes in their news items and and desire to stay close to home for it's live sports coverage. At least Man Utd benefit as they need to keep their run of live games going.

This big difference in circumstance described by @micra hasn't really helped Bury or Accrington this week. I really hope Leatherhead can get it over the line.

• Anyone travelling to Billericay tomorrow?

• The FA site has us playing on Sunday

• Confirmed by WWFC on Twitter.

• I hope anyone due to work that Sunday and wanting to come to the match will be able to swap duties or swap with someone else.

• I really can't imagine that'll be many people

• I agree but @Last_Quarter was quite concerned about it.

• Hey, I sit through all the irrational moaning from you lot!

There were a lot of comments on here when we had to wait ages for the Villa replay date to be confirmed last year (when the BBC were faffing over the Liverpool v Exeter game).

• As I said on the related thread, lots of anecdotal comment based on personal experience of people and the friends they attend games with, but not much hard evidence of the actual inconvenience caused. In the old days we might have been waiting for second replays to be resolved.

• Almost as traditional as an Oily poem. Almost