Skip to content

Very good away support at Solihull

Very impressive turnout by Wycombe fans at Solihull today and well done to the home club for all their efforts and match organisation.

It's a pity for a large conurbation that only 1,544 fans turned up - with over 50% of the crowd from Wycombe. It reminded me of when we took 2,000 to Bath City for an FA Trophy match on a Sunday many moons ago.

I somehow doubt whether we'd have taken over 800 has the game been played yesterday. So many people who went today seemed to be making a special day out of it. There were also lots of faces there I didn't recognise. It makes me wonder if the odd Sunday game (next round maybe?) would be beneficial?

Wycombe v Slough Town for me please in the 2nd Round draw! We'll probably get Carlisle away....

Comments

• Slough or Oxford City away would be brilliant.

• Prefer Slough @ home tbh. Away would see cries of unfairness with limited ticket allocation.

• Oxford City at home would be interesting

• AFC Fylde away please. I'm still traveling! It's 22.30

• Afc Fylde or Gateshead away please

• Interested as to why you think we wouldn't take 800 fans to Solihull on a Saturday @A_Worboys . I hadn't thought of the day change making a difference if I'm honest. For me Sunday is just too near Monday for a journey home.

Drawing Slough really would be too good to be true. Fingers crossed though

• Same wish as usual for me Yeovil away as i'm only 25 miles away,and on a Saturday as there's no bus on Sundays.

• Slough at home for me ... just like the old days !! ... i miss playing actual proper local derbies... love being in the football league obviously and wouldnt want to go back to non league, but , those conference days with matches against Slough and Aylesbury were awesome ! and fairly big attendences from memory.

• Feels like the first round all over again! Hopefull but slightly worried:-)