Skip to content

North Bucks

I was wondering who’s most northerly based supporter in our county I come down from Buckingham but I wonder if anyone treks down from Olney etc

Comments

• Used to be a few in Eastern Maudit, not sure if they're still active

• do u live in gawcott @BuckinghamBlue

• No Buckingham itself Badgers if you know it

• Think so

• For anyone who lost the thread (like I did!)
    http://www.bucks-badgers.org.uk/

• @Onlooker said:
    For anyone who lost the thread (like I did!)
    http://www.bucks-badgers.org.uk/

Only if it was. Badgers is Buckingham’s um Totteridge

• I live further Norrh than you! I'm on Linden Village!

• @Pete yes you’re right I’m not moving again so you’re the current champion

• I am in Woburn Sands, which having checked, appears to have the same longitude as Buckingham and Linden - in an easterly direction.

Any advances on these three North Bucks outposts??

• Is latitude not more relevant?

• I’m going to claim to be the southernmost Bucks supporter here in sunny roadworks bedevilled Widmer End.

• Unless someone lays a claim it’s yours @micra but there’s a lot of Bucks south of you

• Oxfordshire Chairboys - "love transcends boundaries"

• We just need most westerly and easterly now. Anyone in Brill?

• I sense a challenge to my status edging forward on the rails in the shape of A Cecil.

• @micra said:
    I’m going to claim to be the southernmost Bucks supporter here in sunny roadworks bedevilled Widmer End.

The Dorney Lake Independent WWFC Supporters Club will not be happy about this

• @micra Are you sure? Is Widmer End not north of High Wycombe itself?! Or are we talking about a different place?

• @peterparrotface: it never dorned on me.

• My old man travels from Buckingham too and nephew from Winslow.

• My claim is beginning to look very vulnerable @ParrotPeeler. We are several miles north of the city of High Wycombe, nestling in the foothills of the Chiltern range.

• @micra: I had to look it up to make sure - I was going to claim Chesham as trump to your Widmer End - but it turns out that both of those places are to the north east of Wycombe!

• Oops, just noticed I’ve muddled my carrots and parrots. Hope neither of you feels harassed!

• I have visions of carrots being sharpened and parrots being launched.

• I did think Widmer was a a bit too high and yes Dorney is probably as far south as you can go in our magnificent County without dropping into the Thames come on you Dorney blues

• The Boveney Border Front may take issue

• @micra said:
    I’m going to claim to be the southernmost Bucks supporter here in sunny roadworks bedevilled Widmer End.

Well I can claim the furthest point in Widmer End as the footpath that runs past our house is the boundary line between us & Hazlemere!

• We’re the folks who live on the hill! If you have a dog, our paths may have crossed.

• Google Maps tells me I’m 6.6 miles south of the Northamptonshire border. I’m just the ‘wrong’ side of Newport Pagnell. I know of at least one person the ‘right’ side though, so they beat me by a few hundred yards.

• @BlueBoy I think you’re in front I’m not sure what you mean by the right side of Newport Pagnell

• edited November 2017

@micra said:
    We’re the folks who live on the hill! If you have a dog, our paths may have crossed.

Sorry @micra, no dogs, two cats & I can assure you I don't walk them! Depends on what hill you refer to? Brimmers, Primrose, Georges? I can claim to have walked with my children to school in Holmer Green? BTW, I'm just off Brimmers at the zebra crossing where the computer repair place is.