Skip to content

Danny Rowe

Comments

• Nothing unkind or inappropriate in either of @malone's posts. Fair comment, reasonably and not unkindly expressed. No hint of malice.

• Just to slightly re-address things and add some positivity, Rowe is one of those players that every anecdote I've ever heard from people has been positive. A good guy by all accounts. I wrote that a lot earlier somewhere... and it goes without saying it'd be great for him to succeed in whatever he chooses here on in

• Don't cave in, @malone. Your positive sentiments were clear enough without having to be spelt out. :-)

• ps ta @HCblue , If you ever thought something was harsh, I would immediately accept it was :)

I guess it's just the disappointment of people over the whole Rowe story.
    Am trying to think of times I've been disappointed a youngster didn't come through as we'd hoped for. Harkin, Baird are two. Different reasons but real hopes.

• I remember on that first day of the season game at Newport wondering why Rowe had been left on the bench for some new loanee called Alfie Mawson. Soon became obvious why though. I liked Danny and I feel he did not really get a good chance but maybe there was an underlying issue. That aside, I wish him all the very best for his future.

• I hope he is okay. I know it is personal and he should keep it that way if he wants but for some reason I have a urge to know what it is. I guess my mind runs away with thoughts of what it might be. Hopefully it is something he can come out the other side of soon and he is getting the support he needs. Poor Danny.

• @malone wow...I saw all the sniping and scrolled back to see what it was you had written so I could add my disgust and dismay. Imagine my disappointment at the completely uncontroversial tone of your comments. I was outraged.
    I too wish Danny Rowe all the best.

• I did have a re-read myself!
    Just put it down to people's disappointment at the end of what could have been a really good story.

It happens unfortunately. Holloway was another real shame, to follow the likes of Baird and Harkin i mentioned earlier.
    Maybe Muller too, but way less time involved than Rowe

• Kretchzmar and McClure were two others that did not realise their potential.

• Signed for York! Assume that he was homesick?

• Yep see below. Wish him well had great potential when he joined us.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkcityfc/15624908.York_City_sign_defender/

• Let's not assume anything,eh? Who knows? (I know we don't despite being a fan owned club) If Danny needs to be an hour away from his home town, good luck to him.

• Really pleased he has stayed in football. Hopefully he can get some games in and fulfil his undoubted potential.

• Surprised more clubs don't do this to make signings outside the transfer window.

• I think he could only sign for a non league club.

• Like when Hayes signed for Newport the other day, you mean?

• Hayes was released from his contract before deadline day. Rowe wasnt.

• Right. Got it.

• Rowe has signed at the highest level allowed under transfer window rules

• .........apart from the next division up Richie.

• Wrong - a free agent released inside the transfer window can sign at conference south or north the highest level

• Believe you.are wrong, Ritchie. Past history on my side. Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

• He is not a loan player he was released so Im correct

• In many parallel universes, Richie, perhaps you are. Sadly not in this world.

Just last week Jamie Reid tore up his Exeter contract and signed permanently for Torquay.

Good news though is that Conference teams can bring in goalkeepers on loan....

• The article says that loans will be scrapped "too"; i.e. as an additional and separate action to the discontinuation of the transfer window, which is the opening piece of news.

"There will be no longer any Transfer Window in August or January and with the removal too of Emergency Loans..."

• Here's a further article confirming that the National League did away with transfer windows last season.

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/no-transfer-window-in-national-league-31421

• Fuck sack stop point scoring. It's a trivial fact. Point is he's gone to a a decent club. All the best Danny. I wanted him at at Tow Law but he wasn't having it.

• Is it me? I haven’t a clue what fuck sack stop point scoring means. I do know what point scoring is.

• @mirca Never mind the bollox.