Skip to content

Comments

• @micra, what does the Gasroom's resident meteorologist say about weather tomorrow night in Carlisle?

• No problem

• edited October 2017

Please can @micra our retired Met Office man advise re weather postponement. Luckily I will only be traveling from Northumberland, so can leave until about 2hrs b4 kick off.

• Oops , sorry for delayed response.
    It's blowing like beggary up there tonight and looks set to stay that way until midday tomorrow. But it calms down during the afternoon and should be no more than a moderate breeze by evening. No rain forecast (but it's the Lake District so a few spots are possible!) Temperature around 12 degrees Centigrade should feel pleasant enough. Safe journey everyone and give a good old shout for me. I'll be listening on iFollow.

• Northern Wycombe barbarians have designated it a flag day

• No flag. No entry

• Well that's it. I was going to make the five hour journey after finishing work at 5pm but, since I don't have a flag, I guess I shan't now. Thanks for the heads-up @LX1.

• @HCblue kick off is at 7.45!

• Yes. But, being a loyal fan, I felt I should make the effort...

• Work? I suppose you have to in the circumstances.

• @micra Carlisle is not in the Lake District, unless you have some new definition that isn't widely known. :)

• Fair comment @Baldric. I used to drive from Hesket Newmarket to Carlisle in less than half an hour so it's pretty close!