Skip to content

Super Bean

Marcus Bean showed again today he is playing by far the best football we've seen from him motm again for the warrior display in the middle, he was responsible for there dangerous 44 being taken off after going in hard before El abd had a go......Just wondering if he keeps it up will he be our player of the season long way off I no? In the woodlands he's gone from being the scapegoat to being a real favourite not to long before hes gotta score just picture the scenes.........he deserves all the praise he's getting and long may it continue

Comments

• Cant agree more ive always been a massive fan he must have covered every blade of grass, he very nearly retired in the summer aswell.

• Beano huge all season, does today's booking get him a ban?

• Always liked Bean. Does what he does very very well. However these last few weeks he’s been outstanding. Unstoppable at the moment.
    Gape did well today. And Saunders & O’Nien to come back, but you really can’t drop Bean.

• Agreed.

If everyone's fit then it's Bean, Saunders and Eze isn't it?

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Beano huge all season, does today's booking get him a ban?

Yep he misses Tuesday at Carlisle.

• Bean is in excellent form, something he's carried over from the final ten or so games of last season. Personally I had Gape as my MOTM yesterday, he didn't leave a blade of grass uncovered over the ninety minutes.

• If he's still playing anywhere near this level until Christmas he should be given a contract for another year.

• I fear for the pitch if anyone else joins Gape and Bean in covering every blade of grass.

• @mooneyman said:
    If he's still playing anywhere near this level until Christmas he should be given a contract for another year.

He may not want one, was going to retire to concentrate on his soccer machine business until persuaded to give it one more season. Having Mondays off was part of that agreement, this extra rest day seems to be helping make him sharper on match day?

• Beans tremendous as always

• I’m going to be controversial here, I don’t get Bean , but I guess that’s why Gaz is in charge and I’m not, as far as I can see he has the ability to toe punt the ball into the beachdean or pass the ball to an imaginary player and at his best break up play by running into an opposing player and that’s it

• @Morris_Ital said:
    I’m going to be controversial here, I don’t get Bean , but I guess that’s why Gaz is in charge and I’m not, as far as I can see he has the ability to toe punt the ball into the beachdean or pass the ball to an imaginary player and at his best break up play by running into an opposing player and that’s it

He does all the ugly work no one wants to do...

• If you look at what a defensive midfielder should do (courtesy of a google search and a random definition) you get:

A defensive midfielder is a holding midfielder who specializes in the defensive duties. He needs to have a strong work-rate (coupled with awareness) to close down players, force errors, and break up the play before it reaches the defense.

I think Bean does that at our level admirably. (Google ‘holding midfielder’ as I first did and he most certainly doesn’t)

• What On earth did we do before Google?

• As I say that’s why Gaz is in charge and I’m not, I didn’t get Stuart Lewis and I don’t don’t get Marcus Bean two brothers of a different mother, basically their game is the ability to stop others playing football without doing it yourself

• Bean is in a different class to Stuart Lewis as their career records show.

• @Blue_since_1990 I would just make things up and say it in an authoritive manner. Now I just nick what others say and say that in an authoritive manner. Unfortunately I’m both instances I’m usually talking bollocks. (But now I blame Google)

• Your random definition of a defensive/holding midfielder has a niff of the States about it . ('Defense' for example.) To me, that makes it less authoritative.

• Sound stuff Strongest.

• Sounds like MONs mentor Brian Clough. Watched a documentary on him once where he commented to one player in training: "young man, I don't pay you to play football, I pay you to win the ball and give it to someone who can!".

• Beano has been awarded man of the match several times this season. Doing an invaluable job, his break up play facilitates Eze's creativity.

• I think Beano has been much better at getting to ball to teammates this season and whatever he has done in training to make that happen maybe Sido could try because his passing and crossing are shite at the mo!

Having said that we are playing really well now on the whole but there will always be things to work on and get better at. Shows a stroke of genius to sign Beano for another season when he wanted to hang up his boots and a promotion would be the best way to go!