Skip to content

Both sides of Wycombe Wanderers' fans

edited October 2017 in Football

On the way out of the match today I saw a group of smartly dressed youths hanging around half way down Hillbottom Road bragging about what they had done/were going to do to Exeter fans.

I reached the end of the road as they ran past to a guy,at an age where he should have known better, bragging about what they had done. This Fagan type figure proceeded to hand out advice to them 'on the radar time to lay low' 'you need to get more involved. '

What is going on here?

On the plus side, as I was walking to the game,something I do every home game, yet again someone stopped to offer me a lift. Thanks for your kind offer if you are reading this.

Comments

• There was also a group of 15-20 Exeter fans looking for trouble after the game . It was all very isolated so please don't label one side of Wycombe's fans like this . Of a home crowd of 4500 it was about 10 Wycombe fans .

• 10 too many though isn't it James

• It is but I would not say it is typical and it is approx 0.25 percent of the Wycombe crowd .

• I think I saw this group on my way to my car near Tesco and agree it was rather embarrassing to watch but not sure what the club can do about it.

• Why give the press something to write about. It sounds more like "Fake News" anyway.
    It was a good match to watch today, and I would image that most Fans, from both teams, enjoyed and pleased they came away with a clean sheet and 1 point in the bag.

• Like quite a few on here I ave supported Wycombe for several decades . I have to say in all this time I can only count on one hand the amount of times I have seen any Wycombe fan causing trouble . Social media blows it out of proportion in my opinion and AP remains a friendly and safe place to watch football . No need to big it up .

• @wformation Not 'fake news' I and others witnessed it.

• It' wasn't fake, walked through it with my kids at full time, took the police and stewards a lot longer than it should have to stop them fighting, ruined in my opinion what was a great game of football and an important point for us

• @James said:
    Like quite a few on here I ave supported Wycombe for several decades . I have to say in all this time I can only count on one hand the amount of times I have seen any Wycombe fan causing trouble . Social media blows it out of proportion in my opinion and AP remains a friendly and safe place to watch football . No need to big it up .

There's also no need to talk it down. 1 holligan being a dick is one too many. When they start being in groups of 10, they start getting a feeling of being bigger than they are or even a sense of invincibility(when they've had a drink or two)

As we went a very long time without any incidents like this, I would suggest that we have now seen a number of idiots causing trouble over a sustained period.

It is an upward trend, and one that should be stamped out immediately with zero tolerance.