Skip to content

Match day thread: Exeter

Comments

• Gape in for Saunders, Freeman for Tyson. Bit opportunity for him.

• Only 6 subs and no Umerah?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @robin said:
    Only 6 subs and no Umerah?

Will never get used to the worry about ‘only 6 subs’. Just too old!

• @fame_46 said:
    I'm guessing slight knocks with Saunders and Umerah. Precautionary for Tuesday night against Carlisle

The club said they both took knocks in training.

• Anyone else not getting the 'Watch Now' button as per usual?

• @OxfordBlue - I got the button fine, sorry mate!

• My VPN must be broken...

• I think we have been better on balance, but Exeter have come into it now. Missing the class of Saunders a little in the final third. Come on lads!

• Quite an entertaining game. A big miss by Bayo when you would normally bet on him scoring at the back post.
    Exeter remain a threat up front but losing Boetang is not something I’m sad about.
    All to play for as they say

• Hopefully we can be a second half team like we have been lately!

• What was the goal disallowed for? Foul on the keeper?

• Bean picked up his 5th booking of the season so misses Carlisle on Tuesday.

• Losing Saunders and Josh limited us in the second half. No Bean Tuesday and Sido and Stewart hobbling at the end and the squad suddenly looks a bit thin.

• All will be ok. A few bumps, nothing serious me hopes!!! A point against top of the league is a point we probably would have taken before kick off.

• Bloomfield back in on Tuesday then. Possibly a start for Scarr too.

• Battered them second half. Goal disallowed for a non-existent foul on the 'keeper by Bayo when long free kick came in. Brilliant finish by Stewart from the rebound: drilled into roof of net from ten yards. Eze was unbelievable!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We should have won it tbh but it was just not to be. Had the lions share of the chances and what a pity the ref blew for any little thing in the last ten minutes including that cracker from Stewart. A point is not bad as long as we get three on Tuesday. Exeter to get battered by Luton I predict!

• Thought Nick Freeman was excellent today.

• Agree Freeman played well, but I thought we really missed Tyson's pace and Harriman's quality. Possibly the difference between one and three points. Really good performance all-round: no complaints. Bayo will rue three very good chances - the first-half header was one that I automatically assume he'll put away.

• Definitely should have won that, but if we're disappointed with limiting the top of the table team to that lack of chances, we're doing well.

Bean has done well to miss Carlisle midweek! Unless we still make him sit on the coach.

Can imagine Scarr will definitely start on Tuesday now, Paris as well maybe.

• Another good performance but I'm a little disappointed we didn't take all three. On the balance of chances I think a 1-0 would have been fair.

Gape was absolutely superb today. Coming back into the side and putting in 90 minute performance like that shows what's good player he is. My MOTM.

I thought Exeter defended well and were extremely tidy in possession at the back and in midfield. Their number 39 (Brown?) was excellent. And it helped us when Boateng went off injured too.

I'd expect both teams to finish in the play offs. Look well drilled and able to play good football but also mix it up and do the nasty stuff.

If we can go and pick up 3-6 points over the next two then we go into a set of very winnable looking games in November. If we can sort some of the injuries we've every chance of being top 3 going into December.

• Really entertaining game today - agree that we were unlucky not to win at the end but I do feel a draw was fair. Exeter were much the better side first half but missed Boateng badly when he went off. Agree with the comment above about Gape being MOM. Also thought El-Abd was hugely improved on what I've seen before - he doesn't win enough headers for me but his positional play and strength have improved a lot to recover and win the ball back.

Tough week ahead with the long trek to Carlisle and then away at in-form Swindon. If we can take 4 points from those I'd be very happy.

• CMS was my man of the match. Though he did more defending than I would like! Missed Harri a bit, eze and gape were very good though we did give them a bit too much space in the middle at times. Bayo should have had two and there was nothing wrong with Stewart's goal in my book. Great game though and hopefully Exeter will up their game against Luton as a result. It's obviously nice for players to have someone like eze to pass to. Even with two players on him he can still pull something off. I need to check the rules though as how can bayo be fouling the two blokes sandwiching him?

• Also el abd was running the show and put in a great performance as did freeman before he ran out of steam.

• Gutted about the goal being disallowed. It would be a lot easier to call a draw a fair result if not for that. It's kind of amazing we are 5th, 13 games in, without winning a game to nil!

• Highlights are up on Sky now - http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11081659/wycombe-0-0-exeter - and have watched the disallowed goal about twenty times, carefully. There is absolutely no foul whatsoever by Bayo. Their defender backs into Bayo as he makes his run into the box, so arguably a foul on Bayo, but nothing at all by him. Jumps cleanly for the ball, as does keeper, minimal contact and certainly none initiated by Bayo.

I don't say this often but, on reflection, I'm super annoyed by that decision.

• Best 0-0 I have seen for a long time..Great 2nd half by us..Thought we missed Tyson and Harriman.Sido works hard but loves to lump the ball forward.Exeter are no mugs either..can see why they are top.
    Sure we can pick up 3 points on Tuesday.. Carlisle in bad form.

• Apart from winning away today and three of their last five, @Aylesburyblue? :-)