Skip to content

Comments

• Thanks for that, @Vital.

The overriding impression is that, statistically, historically and status-wise, the two clubs are very similar.
    On the pitch, narrow victories and low scoring draws abound. Both clubs have shared the goal scoring between 12 players - something which, without having delved into stats elsewhere, is probably quite uncommon. And both, of course, are supporter owned.

Both clubs traditionally play good football, albeit until this season we have suffered a few blips in recent years!

Before I got to the Vital score prediction I'd been thinking 2-1 to Wycombe but mindful of Exeter's away record, I can see where they are coming from.

I wasn't over impressed with Coventry on Saturday so the fact that they beat Exeter 2-0 recently (and with the referee who will be officiating on Saturday) gives me hope that we will have another narrow victory.

• First home game for me since 2003. Also going to my local match at Carlisle on Tuesday.

Bean to get first goal!

• @NorthumberlandBlue said:
    First home game for me since 2003. Also going to my local match at Carlisle on Tuesday.

Bean to get first goal!

You have missed a few big games then! I thought it was the first home game for me for a while as I haven't been in 2017.

• @colonel_splaffy - Yes I have. However, saw most during 1989-1999 period which was a great era.

Now I rely on @bluntphil 's sterling commentaries on iFollow. Totally invaluable service and worth every penny. I'll 'shake his hand' at Carlisle.

• @colonel_splaffy: as you may know, I get anxious about comments that I don't understand or (usually because I'm a bit thick) can't make sense of. I'm hoping the gate on Saturday might approach 5,000 and it's encouraging that you and @NorthumberlandBlue will be making your first visits for some time. Or will you? My angst arises from the fact that you say you thought it was the first game for you this year. Can you not remember other games or did you think you'd be coming but are not now able to?

Nurse, I think it's time for my medication.

• I think the pressure of your marital split may be getting the better of you, Micra.

• I am on the verge of yet another breakdown, I think.

• Who gets the dog in the divorce settlement Micra?

• @mooneyman said:
    Who gets the dog in the divorce settlement Micra?

He hasn't decided yet.

• I'm getting rid of the dog - we're splitting up.

• Wycombe are 23/20 to win, Exeter 23/10 and 13/5 for the draw.

• I'm not at all knowledgeable about odds (or betting generally) but I assume I'd need to stake a score to make three quid. Does the smart money go on Exeter? Thirteen quid doesn't go anywhere near constituting consolation. I'm out.

• @micra said:
    He hasn't decided yet. The dog, that is.

• You presume wrong, Micra. Stake £20 and if Wycombe win you will make a PROFIT of £23. Stake £20 on Exeter and they win and you have a PROFIT of £46. Joy of betting is that your idea of where the value is may be different to mine and different to the bookmakers.

• I did tell you I wasn't knowledgeable, Dev. To assume, as we know, makes an ass
    of u and me but on this occasion I am the fall guy.

I think I detect that you quite fancy Exeter to win tomorrow (obviously not wishing them to).

• Thanks for the lesson, by the way. I hope it doesn't lead me towards the slippery slope!

• tough game to call for me, Micra. Don't think I would have a flutter at those odds, although if anything us at only just worse than 50% chance of winning seems a tad optimistic

• I'll stick with the prediction I made yesterday.

• A 1-0 will do me in this fixture, although another three goal win from our loanees before they are snatched back would also be welcome. With County and Luton dropping points. Happy days.

• The loanees can't be snatched until January of course.

• @micra of course, but we want at least a brace in every game until then don't we?

• @micra said:
    colonel_splaffy: as you may know, I get anxious about comments that I don't understand or (usually because I'm a bit thick) can't make sense of. I'm hoping the gate on Saturday might approach 5,000 and it's encouraging that you and NorthumberlandBlue will be making your first visits for some time. Or will you? My angst arises from the fact that you say you thought it was the first game for you this year. Can you not remember other games or did you think you'd be coming but are not now able to?

Nurse, I think it's time for my medication.

Wow, didn't expect my comment to be analysed that much. Sorry for the ambiguity. I am certain that I haven't been to a home game in 2017. I have bought a ticket for tomorrow so will definitely be there. I am also bringing my Dad and Grandad who don't normally go. Hopefully it will be a good crowd given the recent form and that they are top. I have high expectations. So it will probably be a damp squib.

• I'm chuffed to be able to add three to the gate. I know what you mean about it perhaps being a damp squib. But quid a kid games have often turned out to be disappointing and the most recent one (against Barnet) bucked the trend so I'm hoping for a cracking game which will encourage casual spectators to come more often. I'll be disappointed if the gate is below 4500, especially as the forecast is for a warm dry day.

Hope the three of you enjoy the game. Do you live reasonably locally? If so, it would be great if you left the ground feeling happy and looking forward to another visit.

• I am in Gloucester so not local but not too far. The public transport links are not very good though which doesn't help. I should get to more home games but prefer the atmosphere at away games these days. But my family are local so it is nice to combine it with a trip to see them and I nag them all to come. Still trying to pursuade my Brother-in-Law to come today.

• Good luck! You do realise that I shall tell you to stay away if we lose today . Only joking. Hope you all enjoy the game.

• Time today for Saunders & Beano to get on the score sheet. I would imagine that Eze will be watched like a hawk?