Skip to content

In form teams over the last five league games

As expected those horrible lot from Luton have been on song over the last five league games, collecting 13 points from a possible 15. Close behind are the mighty Wycombe with 12 from a possible 15.
However, the big surprise package, down in 12th position in the league, is Cheltenham Town, who have also collected 13 points from the last five games. They seem to be on fire at the moment.

Comments

• who visit us next at home after Exeter

• Someone's run has to come to an end then!

• How many teams in the top half have they beaten?

• who cares anybody can beat anybody it seems look at forest green coming within seconds of winning at meadow lane !!

• To be fair @Right_in_the_Middle, we haven't beaten a team in the top half yet.

• I think it's possible @Right_in_the_Middle was alluding to the conversation on exactly that subject in another thread at the weekend, @clifty04.

• The irony I intended was clearly missed but to be honest @clifty04 I don't really care if I'm being fair to you. Thanks @HCblue

• edited October 2017

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    How many teams in the top half have they beaten?

Not that it means much but the sum of the oppositions current positions in the league for each of those three teams are as follows:

Cheltenham 68
    Luton 67
    Wycombe 65

So we have (sort of) had (on average) harder games than the others. All meaningless really, but...

• How's Gaz doing recently @clifty04 . Well enough for you and your pals not to be using slurs on line and at the back of the terrace? ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2017

An interesting statistical comparison, @tewkesburychairboy. Thanks for that.

Really don't think there's a strong call for people to be gratuitously rude to @clifty04 after a reasonably expressed, albeit slightly uniformed, post by him. His views on the current state of play are pretty clear from the match reports he is good enough to take the time to provide from away matches. We are none of us the better for expressions of malice here, whether or not we have a similarly poor opinion of other views expressed elsewhere.

• @Malone said:
    How's Gaz doing recently clifty04 . Well enough for you and your pals not to be using slurs on line and at the back of the terrace? ;)

There’s always the standard get out of ‘delighted to be proven wrong’.

• Loyal supporters, except when we aren't winning, then we'll boo and insult the players and management.

• That's valid though isn't it? I certainly am about Akinfenwa

• Come on Chris don’t generalise in such a way. Nearly all of us on here have booed the management if they make, in our opinion, a bad substitution or the team have shown no fight and rolled over. If that is an insult then fine. I certainly do not condone abuse however.

• Booing is surely a level of abuse.

• Suggest you need a ? there Micra?

• chris is just a sourpuss basically, the terrace idiots will be moaning if we get beat on Saturday.

• It's a rhetorical question so doesn't need a question mark.

• Just saying it is something we all have done in the past Micra.

• @MindlessDrugHoover - If you don't give the sentence a question mark then it should end in an exclamation point.

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/do-rhetorical-questions-need-a-question-mark

• Micra's comment is surely a statement of fact as he sees it rather than a rhetorical question. Wouldn't you say!

• You can only play the teams put in front of you can't you? Someone predicted early on that Luton would give us a hiding so I'm surprised an Exeter goalfeast has not been predicted yet. Your support for the misunderstood continues to be touching @HCblue
    I'm glad to be proven wrong.

• @mooneyman said:
    MindlessDrugHoover - If you don't give the sentence a question mark then it should end in an exclamation point.

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/do-rhetorical-questions-need-a-question-mark

Only if you're shouting.

• @DevC said:

Micra's comment is surely a statement of fact as he sees it rather than a rhetorical question. Wouldn't you say!

Thanks Dev. I was a trifle miffed by Blue Since Whenever's suggestion that we have all booed in the past. On mature reflection I realised that I do occasionally join in booing of what seem scandalously bad decisions by referees and that is a relatively mild form of abuse. I would never boo a Wycombe player or a member of the management team.

I do think your last sentence requires a question mark!!!!

Thanks @MindlessDrugHoover.

Sorry @mooneyman: my mind is too befuddled now to follow your link in the almost certain expectation that the guidance will confuse me and leave questions unanswered

• @micra me too...I boo bad decisions and diving Luton strikers...never booed the team even after a loss. I must be missing that gene...

• I don't think there's anything wrong with booing per se, as long as it's done judiciously. The wisdom of the crowd is an important part of a spectator sport. Booing a terrible first-half performance could help the manager give the players a metaphorical kick up the arse during a half time team-talk. And booing an unpopular manager can help focus the minds of the board, who may well take that into consideration when deciding whether or not to give him the heave-ho. Leaving the ground early is another form of (silent) booing, which I'm sure some on here are happy to do. I prefer not to - but that's because I'm always keen to extract the most value for money from my ticket!

• Mass exoduses are surely as effective as booing?! See how confused you've got me? I even toyed with exodi.

• I leave my seat to stand at the corner flag for the last five minutes...I hope Gareth and the Board do not think that means I think he is a g****y C*** who needs sacking.