Skip to content

Comments

• Thanks, @Vital. A pretty fair set of comments with which I largely agree. They had plenty of decent players and a super strong front two. They played some good stuff in midfield and their defence was League-standard strong and effective but the quality of their final ball was pretty poor, thankfully.

• A couple of beauties: "Wycombe must have one of the top 5 wage bills at this level, their front line alone must be commanding some wage." And the one suggesting CUFC always lost against "the real big boys" The more we win the bigger we seem!

• Thanks from me too @Vital. I really enjoy the Opposition View when we win!

• Yet more mainly complimentary comments. But haven't a clue what "going SOB" means.

• Top 5 wage..how about bottom 5 I would suggest.Gaz doing miracles with what he has in the pot

• We 500 club members have clearly made a difference. Hope many more may be encouraged to chip in. Several of our classier players are vulnerable to injury and extra funds may be required in three months' time.
    It's very easy during a successful period to look at the squad and feel that reinforcement is unnecessary; with a growing injury list and suspensions pending, that is not really the case.

• Shit or Bust @micra

• @micra said:
    Yet more mainly complimentary comments. But haven't a clue what "going SOB" means.

I'm guessing SOB means shit or bust? I never really understood that phrase, not much of a choice...

• I would say to all opposition teams and managers the same thing - keep obsessing about Bayo and see where that gets you. Keep believing we are a one trick pony outfit hitting it long and plan for that.
    Lets hope we can keep this myth going.

• It's all a bit out in the open though now...

• We go along with the "lowest" budget business, but does anyone actually know for certain 1) if that's true, and 2) is it a fair comparison.

We don't have a reserve/youth team for example, are other teams that do including those figures? I don't know.

I would say it wouldn't be an outrageous assumption for any rival fans who don't know us to presume Bayo, Tyson and CMS are on good money though.
    Tyson was rumoured to be well into the £10,000+ a week territory at one stage, and CMS at 5k a week as recently as at Luton. And Bayo was very much in demand.

The former two were out of contract which cheapens them up, and Bayo wanted to stay living where he was, but still, it makes you think we've done well to afford them!

• @rmjlondon said:
    Shit or Bust micra

Cheers @rmjlondon.Not sure what that means in this context (or any other, come to that). Neither sound very desirable.

• My crystal ball tells me that DevC is about to hold forth, Malone.

• basically means we are putting the club on the line to get promotion @micra

• SOB is usually son of a b...

• It's always interesting reading the comments. Maybe I'm one eyed with us, but I simply don't see this array of dirty tricks these fans accuse us of. Certainly not bad enough to be different from anyone else in the league.

Stevenage under Westley are the team that always stood out for it.

• And they are the ones whose captain got sent off for a pro foul (with a hint of stamping for afters)!

• @Malone said:
    It's always interesting reading the comments. Maybe I'm one eyed with us, but I simply don't see this array of dirty tricks these fans accuse us of. Certainly not bad enough to be different from anyone else in the league.

Stevenage under Westley are the team that always stood out for it.

Totally agree.

• Where do you start "One of the top five wage bills" nope
    "Shit or bust" neither
    "Most floating support goes to MK" they wish, most floating support sits in front of the tv

• I thought this comment was particularly insightful;

mill9stream said: 'On that evidence, Wycombe probably have improved from last season and, whilst Akinfenwe still seems key to the way they play, they are not as one dimensional as they sometimes have been in the past. Whether they have quite enough to challenge for automatic promotion is open to doubt, but - on today`s performance - it will not be a surprise if they're in the top seven at the end of the season. It will be a huge surprise if we are'.

• It certainly was.