Skip to content

Nathan Tyson

2»

Comments

• I never understand the reasons for "bullying the 4th official" but so many do it. Where does it get them as he cannot do very much? I often wonder if he is just there to act as safety valve to relieve the frustrations of managers frustrations.

• If they are there just as a 'safety valve', maybe they could just be replaced by an inflatable doll like the one in Bandura's experiments on learned violent behaviour.

• Not convinced of the validity of that particular "experiment " in concluding, if conclude it did, that behaviour towards an inanimate object would be likely to be replicated if the object was a sentient being or an animal but that is a whole new discussion and it would be inappropriate to "go there" in the context of a light-hearted comment - just my pompous way of expressing irritation at having wasted four minutes on a tedious video. And even longer of course tapping out an even less consequential comment!

Sorry, Nathan. Not sure how "your" thread got here.

• Speaking to a York City fan they don’t have the 4th official in the National league north. Their manager was apparently lost at first with no-one to moan at but now they are a lot better behaved. So the ‘safety valve’ argument does seem reasonable

• So the presence of a fourth official gives rise to the need for him to be there to act as a safety valve?
    Reminds me of the totally superfluous sign saying "No road markings ".

• Do not throw stones at this sign.

• That one too.

• Sign not in use.

• New road layout

• Great stuff, chaps/chapesses!

• Falling rocks

What am I supposed to do with this information?

• Best before See end of packet. If you can see the end of the packet, it's already gone.

• @bluenotes said:
    Best before See end of packet. If you can see the end of the packet, it's already gone.

A slight deviation but what is the longest period beyond a "use by " date anyone has gone? We've gone a couple of years with some freezer items and at least ten years with some canned foods. Just this morning I noticed that the very large carrots I was preparing were best before 7 September.