Skip to content

Brett Huxtable

gone from sublime to the ridiculous with the referee appointments !!

Comments

• Was he in the Cosby show?

• He looks like a fat lump

• I assume you are suggesting he is ridiculous? Which ref do you think is sublime, richie?

• I thought James Linnington on saturday was superb

• If he was the ref for our game v Luton, I'd tend to agree. He had a very difficult job to do: it was a feisty game, wasn't it, with both teams fencing for any kind of advantage, legitimate or otherwise. It seemed to me that he did his best to let the players behave themselves while maintaining a necessary firmness when things got heated. Really good effort in a difficult game.

• He was pretty good...told both benches off and the yellow cards were all acceptable. Game flowed. A definate 8/10. Not strictly sublime though..

• I'll have a stab at providing a link to a very interesting article about James Linington.

origin-www.football-league.co.uk

• Well, that didn't work. Heeeeeelp!

• He was top class

• @Wendoverman said:
    He was pretty good...told both benches off and the yellow cards were all acceptable. Game flowed. A definate 8/10. Not strictly sublime though..

Hughie's "superb" seemed fair enough. For once in a wonder I actually remarked during the first half that the referee was being quite generous towards us. Defiantly.

• For once, in a wonder, I actually remarked.....

• @DevC said:
    For once, in a wonder, I actually remarked.....

I honestly don't think so, Dev! Very strange comma placement. Unnecessary and, if observed, would alter the meaning.
    I certainly (defiantly) wasn't in a wonder!
    Commas are generally overdone anyway.

• @DevC said:
    For once, in a wonder, I actually remarked.....

Toooo many dots Dev, ellipsis have 3 dots...

• Micra
    Only intended to be a light-hearted response as you pulled me up on a minor grammatical error on a different thread. As long as sense is clear, I am not a grammar fanatic.

In this case, to be honest without the punctuation I suggested, I don't understand the sense. Maybe its a form of words I am not familiar with, maybe a bit of punctuation would have been helpful.

I don't suppose it really matters though.

• I thought the ref against Luton was excellent
    Best I have seen at League 2 Level for some time

• "ellipses" (plural), Roger

• You are indeed correct Mr Blue, many apologies for the error...

• thats because James is a full time referee.

• @rmjlondon said:
    thats because James is a full time referee.

Mate of yours, Richie?