Skip to content

Ainsworth to Port Vale?

One of his previous hunting grounds.

Comments

• Why on earth would he want to go there?

• this is even more ridiculous than any post Ive ever posted !

• The presence of the question mark means that's not so, Richie.

• If richie was not aware it's fake news

• It's just a simple question Richie. You are such an arse!

• why would he leave to go to a club in freewill, they will go down I would bet with FGR

• I think it's in Stoke.

• Hahaha. Nice one HC.

• edited September 2017

frefall !! daft cunt

• No. Definitely Stoke.

• Is it frefall or freewill Richie?

• Free Willy? Decent film.

• Free Nelson Mandela?

• Free Kashmir with every purchase?

• Don't upset the apple Descartes by keeping this thread alive.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    It's just a simple question Richie. You are such an arse!

That's not a question, its a statement of fact!

• I can see why Port Vale may want him (especially in this strange world where it is seen to be an advantage to be an ex-player). I don't see why GA would wish to uproot his family for a lower placed club with a poor team and every chance of the sack a few months down the road.

Now if Luton had lost on Saturday and they had come knocking...........

• Yet if we had held on for the win, or even draw, Luton would still be a lower placed club that had even more chance of the sack a few months down the road.

It'll surely take a champ club to tempt him to leave this "project". It has loads going for it, he pretty much has unsackable status. 3 years ago showed that

• Personally not sure he would get a championship job unless we had got promotion and started lg1 well and that feels a big ask. If was GA, I would bite Luton's hand off if it came up (as long as I didn't have to live there) or for example Swindon. Great opportunity to progress your career. Port vale - not for me.

• is it just this forum you troll, fishing for bites or do you visit other ones as well?

• A suggestion by a relatively influential figure at another club that they should seek to entice our manager would seem a reasonable topic to discuss, Eric, as if we conclude that that level of job is unlikely to interest him would be a discussion of the level he could reasonably aspire to.

Constant personal attacks demean the attacker far more than the attackee in my experience. If you have nothing to say, say nothing perhaps.

• Loving the irony of that life lesson. You've been the attacker quite often yourself.

I have nothing more to say on this.

• Agreed, @DevC . Not sure to whom you are directing your comment, @eric_plant , but this seems a perfectly reasonable topic for conversation, being carried out reasonably. So long as we understand that it's being carried out in the hypothetical, I see no harm in it.

• I think Ainsworth would be in the running for the QPR job so as they are a Championship club I'd say he could easily manage that high based on that.

• edited September 2017

The thread is valid, but it is classic Dev to talk up Luton as a good move for Ainsworth.

He knows it'd rankle with our fans, as we tend to hate them, with the obvious super disappointing end of Saturday very fresh in the mind on top.
    I'm surprised he doesn't throw in MK as a good move. Go the whole hog.

• Luton realistically would be a good move for Ainsworth - big budget club playing in a division below where they really should be with a great opportunity to further your career there. Portsmouth or Plymouth offered similar opportunities to the lucky incumbent last year.

Had they not have equalised late on Saturday, it is far from impossible the Luton job would have become available this week and not impossible that GA would have been on at least the Long List. Actually objectively the MK job certainly would have been a good one for anyone a few years ago - not sure their financial position now.

Could you give me a complete list of clubs we are not allowed to have an objective conversation about - Colchester, Oxford, MK and now Luton. Are there any more?

• Had they not equalised....

• Arguably Long List shouldn't have been capitalised either.

• Nathan Jones will get until the end of the season I reckon