Skip to content

Match day thread:Northampton

Comments

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed we also have the rugby team to look forwards next weekend now.

• Cheating cobblers

• Freddy was through!!!

• edited May 2015

scrap that

• Why oh why did mawson score?!!! I have a feeling we will now go.out in the semis

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    Why oh why did mawson score?!!! I have a feeling we will now go.out in the semis

We have our scoring boots back be positive ! Just hope we can get some players back

• For me Plymouth are the strongest team left in the playoffs.... If we have lost Ingram also them in big trouble

• Football is a funny old game. We could have done without the extra games but who are we to complain with the prize available for the winners. What a season it's been and hopefully we can help the boys over the line. Fingers crossed Ingram's injury isn't too serious. I'm really looking forward to Saturday night, plus the extra cash the club will get will help too. So so happy for Hollz too. Deserves more goals.

• can we wipe my comment about the rugby team from the record as its Plymouth now, thanks.

• If Matty doesnt make it, is Richardson registered to play then if so i would gamble on this instead of playing young Lynch or Horlock.

• Lol Pierre lost his wager to Mawson. Well done lads. Saunders, Holloway, Mcclure and JJ have another week to repair and recover. Hopefully Ingram injury isn't too serious. Big cheer for Lynch.

Boys will be on fire. Hopefully see you all at Wembley.

• Opps forgot to say, would be a nice gimmick to wear mummy bandages to our home games.

• Well done lads. Such a achievement for such a small squad, proud of them all.

• And a big well done to GA.

• 84 points our highest total in The Football League and still didn't go up. Oh well we'll have to go up the hard way which will be even more of an achievement with our injuries.

• Just back, who cared whether it was Stevenage or Plymouth, getting up automatic was the target, and to do that we had to win today. WE DID THAT. Well done Gaz, the Squad and the Fans. Wembley is now the target, 2 away games and 1 at home. COYB's
    We might even get 19,500 when we go to Wembley!!

• Just back, saw plenty of familiar faces in the west stand, however I never want to watch a Wycombe game sat in the wrong end again, no fun. Also the west lower I thought was supposed to be the family stand...the cobblers language was ripe especially when Woody went down after being clocked in the head.

However main thought for the day is WELL DONE WYCOMBE! Gareth, the team, the staff and us the fans...!!!!! what a season!!! roll on Plymouth and Wembley!!! COYB!

• Speaking of fruity language, was it me or were their fans periodically chanting "Vote BNP, vote BNP" during game? Stay classy shoe molesters.

• Plymouth have been ok recently, but generally indifferent. We finished 13 points ahead of them, and played well today.

I think with our away form, we've got a great chance.

• I didn't hear the BNP thing, I hope you're wrong

• I didn't hear the BNP thing either just lots of "get up you cheating f*ing ct" and this was from a middle aged guy with his young boy sat next to him....nice.

• I hope I'm wrong too, sickening if I'm not.

• Good to get a win in order to give us a bit of momentum going into the Plymouth match.

• Wasn't at game, but hearing Craig busting up midfield has won me over, Craig would be ideal for midfielder and can ofc play that 3 upfront role with his tireless running. Sign him up.

• I didn't hear anything either, and I was sat in the home end.

The home fans around me appreciated the applause from the Wycombe fans celebrating the life of one of their supporters who passed away recently.

Great win, and more importantly the team looked much fresher today, than against Morecambe and Wimbledon recently. Feeling confident, think I'll be on the coach next week, with such a late kick off.

• Hopefully same line up...

• Ephraim offered relatively little. Craig had his second good game in a row. Happy with Bean at right back.

• One thought that immediately emanates from that game is, providing Niko and Saunders extend loans, it will be key for Niko to play in central midfield. Bean has shown he can do a job at RB and Niko was outstanding in the middle today. Well done to the squad for a magnificent effort, let's hope we can go one step further.

• Felt pretty emotional after today, to realise we'd just won the game with virtually the last kick, and knowing that just one more point would have taken us up. Still, on to the play-offs, and I'm glad we're going in to them on the back of a win. Let's just hope that Matty will be OK for Saturday.

• @NewburyWanderer yes, just imagine if that had been the goal to take us up. More or less the final kick of the game.