Skip to content

All midweek FL games to be broadcast

Not clear exactly how this will work yet:

All 72 clubs wil be 'allowed to screen live any matches kicking off outside the Saturday 3pm window, apart from those being shown live on Sky.'

Based on that wording it isn't quite clear how this will operate. Probably as some sort of bolt on for uk 'Ifollow' customers.

Here's the link (I don't think the FL have put out anything themselves yet):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4874698/Championship-midweek-games-shown-live-Sky-Sports.html

Comments

• Sounds interesting, as long as it doesn't reduce crowds too much.

I dare say for away games it wouldn't, as if you're the type who doesn't mind a 3-4hour trip/booking time off work, you'll most likely go whether it's online or not.

But for those of us who don't too often, it'd be great to watch extra Wycombe games.

• Didn't see a mention on whether the cost of streaming would have to be covered by the club or by the deal. If Wycombe have to pay the cost I think they will pass on the option unless they can increase subscription fees

• I wouldn't think they'd be much cost implications to the club, as all games are streamed for live coverage overseas anyway. I wonder what the subscription costs will be?

• I'm appalled by the impact this will have on crowds/delighted that I will be able to watch games that I am unable to attend

• What Eric said.

• Now all complaints that we've been scheduled to play Carlisle on a Tuesday evening in January will be batted off with "well you can watch it on Sky, what are you moaning about". Unfortunately it's going to give the FL extra excuses to take the mick with the fixtures, which again inconveniences the most dedicated more and more.

• @ReadingMarginalista Those were my thoughts on reading about this too.

• how is that any different to now though?

• I like the idea of the club being able to stream midweek games back to AP I do limited away games these days but a Tuesday evening in the Vere sounds very pleasant . However streaming to peoples homes not so sure.

• @Morris_Ital said:
    I like the idea of the club being able to stream midweek games back to AP I do limited away games these days but a Tuesday evening in the Vere sounds very pleasant . However streaming to peoples homes not so sure.

I also agree that this would be quite a nice way to watch away fixtures. I think it can be done today in fact as Luton did something earlier this year: http://www.luton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=482263

• @glenactico I have been asking for some time if we can arrange a beam back of the Carlisle game and open up the Caledonian Suite. Answer still awaited.

• That would be excellent, Alan.

• I would like to see more studies on the effects on gates and income before we start streaming games onto phones and laptops willy nilly we don't have a lot of bodies to play with