Skip to content

Comments

• That seems a pessimistic score prediction, given that we're undefeated there in six matches over the past ten years. Having said that, the fitness of Bayo Akinfenwa could be an important factor but, against that, the performance of the team as a whole seems to be on an upward curve. Perhaps I'm getting greedy (or just carried away) but I'll be disappointed with anything less than a draw.
    In case anyone poo poos the significance of previous results over a long period, just look at our home record against Luton!

• @micra Mansfield are still second favourites for the title and just thumped Grimsby 4-1

(As usual) we have no idea when Akinfenwa will return.

Every single bookmaker has Mansfield odds-on to win the game...

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/mansfield-v-wycombe/winner

So more realistic than pessimistic I think.

...and hopelessly wrong I hope.

• It is my first game of the season so I am hoping we don't lose.

What kit do you think we will wear given that they are blue and yellow? Perhaps the orange one but white would make most sense I think. I am not sure what Utilita are getting out of sponsoring the change kit as we haven't worn them much. Even the pink away keeper kit was changed to have the beechdean logo on Saturday.

• Fingers crossed we can take a positive into Saturday's visit from Diving Danny and Co.

• edited September 2017

Good luck to everyone travelling...as a Nottinghamian (bad weather or not)I would not willingly go to Mansfield.

• Is Mansfield a bit of a dump then? Never been. I hope the weather holds up.

• I went last year and thought the ground had some character plus they serve great beer in their club bar. Would strongly recommend it.

• @Vital said:
    micra Mansfield are still second favourites for the title and just thumped Grimsby 4-1

(As usual) we have no idea when Akinfenwa will return.

Every single bookmaker has Mansfield odds-on to win the game...

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/mansfield-v-wycombe/winner

So more realistic than pessimistic I think.

...and hopelessly wrong I hope.

4-1 sounds like a thumping but it included 2 penalties and an own goal. That suggests some desperate defending by Grimsby of course but, if the possession stats are to be believed, the game was evenly contested and unfancied Grimsby had more shots than Mansfield. We are really starting to get it together now and I genuinely believe in the bogey team theory.
    You won't be hopelessly wrong. I'm sure of that. It will be closely contested and I certainly wouldn't stake too much on the outcome. Bookies? What do they know!

• Predicted very windy in the Midlands tonight. Shooooot!

• Not until the early hours of tomorrow though. Just wet and a moderate breeze during the evening.

• dammit @micra that's my team-talk ruined.

• Not another one. I can't bear it. You'll be telling me next that Lee Angol has scored again.