Skip to content

Still Business to be done today

Comments

• I thought El Abd was better with Stewart beside him against Grimsby. What I don't get is making him captain. I know he is experienced at the higher levels, but it makes him more undroppable before he has even proven himself here.

• Disagree slightly @Malone. We were a little stuck with Hayes and Thompson in 15/16 after the other attacking options failed to offer anything (Liburd, Ugwu, Sellars). I'd imagine that budget was Ainsworth's greatest constraint that season in improving our forward line.

I also think El-Abd is very close to being dropped. Not on Saturday maybe, but it's naive to think that Scarr would have come here without Birmingham having some assurances on game time. If anything, this is a lesson in why you don't give a player the captaincy before they've made themselves invaluable to the team.

• Ha @Shev - it looks like I've plagiarized but I promise I hadn't seen your post before I wrote that!

• @Last_Quarter - it just proves the point to be more true!

• I remember Scarr having a really good game last season when he played for Stourbridge in the F A cup

• I also like many would imagine that ainsworth has made a right fuck up in making el abd captain it's almost like guaranteed starting place......

• Scarr is only a development squad at Birmingham, he doesnt even have a shirt number. he is here as cover

• No news on whether or not that's all the transfer activity done for the day. Makes me hope there could be more.

• If Scarr is a whole development squad he could be useful.

• announce Woodman

• Southend bidding for Harriman

• Wont sell him now

• I hope not, just a keeper now needed!

• Hope we do

• Ingram does on loan......to Northampton.

Bum.

• We need a GK brown seems like a nice guy however he is a bottom half league 2 GK...if we are aiming for promotion we need a better quality GK!

• goes. I have a cold.

• GK is the most important piece, for sure. I am sure I am a little simplistic about it, but surprised it is not a bit easier to get a loanee keeper in from higher up, considering the nature of the position and the benefit to a bigger club of them getting competitive playing time.

• Second class return to Dottingham, @Kim_il_Swan?

• no goalkeeper!!!!!!!!!

• GA confirms no more signings.....

• No more business. Brown in goal for the season....bye bye promotion challenge, hello boring mid/bottom table season.

• @Wwfc2015_ I have to agree, I don't believe we ever went in for a keeper.

• We have lost just the 1 league game so far with Brown in goal, and with our defence strengthened by the return of Stewart and the signing of Scarr, I'm sure we'll be ok.

• @rmjlondon said:
    Wwfc2015_ I have to agree, I don't believe we ever went in for a keeper.

Ah. Now I understand you. Don't worry, medical advances happen every day

• @Wycombe85 - Brown has conceded 17 goals in 6 games so far this season. Hopefully he will improve with a more settled defence in front of him, but if not, we are in for a relegation battle. I am afraid the failure to sign another goalkeeper clearly demonstrates a lack of ambition from the club.

• On the plus side though, at least will can all make a fortune this season by betting that every Wycombe game will be over 5.5 goals per match, cha ching

• @mooneyman 19 goals in 6 games isn’t it?

• I am afraid the only 'target' the magic Yellow Submarine shirt is going to provide, is a target for fans ire. You have to feel for Brown - goalies are under enough scrutiny as it is without wearing something that highlights your mistakes like the shining of the sun.

• Bit of a BS statement @mooneyman What it clearly demonstrates is that GA has enough faith in Brown to trust him without a backup, not that the club has no ambition. Not all the goals are his fault and not many of them lost us points, your other point about settling defensively in general is a good one.

I reckon GA believes in the team he has and is counting on tightening the defense, banging in goals and going up in the end. Rock 'n roll football year 4, no?