Skip to content

15 mins till the first signing

made at half time last night .....

Comments

• Another forward!! Unbelievable!!

• I'm liking this new approach. Has Gareth been hanging out with Kevin Keegan?

• Saunders out long term hence this move. Our budget has been spent on injury prone old men. Should have kept Thompson at least he never got injured.

• Beggars belief, unless Gaz has realised that we will always have at least 2 of Tyson, Kashket, CMS and Paris out at one stage.

But 2 young forwards, on top of Freeman and Southwell already struggling to get in, seems absolutely madcap

• Official says he is a creative midfielder and that Sam Sunders is out for a while

• Saunders out!
    This season is quickly becoming pretty frustrating, but we all knew the risks of these older boys.

• Can he play in goal?

• "its as easy as 1,2,3...."

Suggesting at least ne more to come. Wonder if he will be Nigerian too!

• I really hope its a goalkeeper cos otherwise GA will be sacked by Christmas.

• @devc or just suggesting his name is Eze?

• But you gave Brown your ringing endorsement a couple of weeks ago Richie. Why would we need another GK?

• because he is not playing well for whatever reason and is glued to his line, can anybody check if he is still standing there now please.

• Not just good eyesight, Mr Peeler. You could be right

• Another one living in south east London. Maybe we're just signing strikers just so Bayo can get them to chauffeur him in to training each day?

• Both 19. Less than an hour from Greenwich?

• How do you know where he lives, Aloysius?

• LX1LX1
    edited August 2017

Eze is good, Eze is good
    Eberechi Eze is good

• @rmjlondon I think you'll find that any goalkeeper would struggle right now with the defence in front of them. And I take it you weren't at Grimsby?

• I was and Brown is not good enough for our club, if ainsworth persists with him I hope he gets sacked because its the only way we will rid the club of him and actually play some proper brand of football, yes people will say he keeps us up but he was the one who nearly took us down anyway.

• edited August 2017

I wonder if anyone who was hyping Brown up to ridiculous levels last year, based on a bit of hearsay and a pen save or two at Cheltenham would care to admit their mistake now. Personally, i always thought that he's a fairly average league 2/top of conference level keeper.

No shame in it, everyone has their level!

• @rmjlondon then you'll know Brown came off his line a fair few times then. @Malone is right he's probably a fairly average league 2 level keeper. which for a fairly average league 2 side is probably okay.

His pedigree is such that he should be fine. The danger is that he'll lose confidence in front of a shaky defence and vice versa.

He looked better with Stewart and El Abd together and couldn't really be faulted with either goal that day.

We'll see

• well gareth said 2 players so hopefully other is a keeper or defender but I doubt its a defender as we already have plenty.

• I must admit I wouldn't be surprised to see us nominally sign a 6th in line premier or championship GK on loan until January. I'd be surprised if its as first choice though

• If not as a starter, not sure why a higher level club would loan us a player to sit on our bench - what would be the point for them/him

If you are looking for cover for injury, surely better just to do when required and when we can offer a start.

if you are looking for form cover, i think we might just have to make a decision now (and if get it wrong find a way to get first choice injured if required. Collision with Bayo on the training ground?)

• @DevC I was just going off Wikipedia (which admittedly just says where each of them were born - though strong chance both still living with their respective families). Bayo lives in Lewisham borough, I think I remember reading it was Brockley. Fred Onyedinma and Jermaine Udumaga also came from Lewisham - and Jordon Ibe just a bit further north in Bermondsey.

• Ah, so hardly definitive then. he may or may live with his parents who may or may not have moved in the last 19 years.

Don't fancy Sido's daily commute from Lisbon though...............

• At one point, Cheltenham seemed very sure they were signing Brown, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to believe we had a keeper lined up and it fell through.

• @Malone It could also be the complete opposite?

• Agree, but i'd say the chances of us planning to have a first choice in a guy we shipped off for most of the previous season are quite low myself.