Skip to content

Another new manager

food and beverage this time for anyone interested.andrew howard said at our agm late last year in response to supporter complaints about bar lines and kiosk issues we needed a general manager and he was getting one in to sort it.

it looks like he is finally recruiting as found this while looking for jobs for my son while at BNU

Good news because it's an area I really think has got much worse since Christmas and it was already a bit embarrassing

I hope the link works the advertisement itself looks a copy and paste job from another role or company altogether and rather tinpot so let's hope applicants are better quality than the Recruitmemt agency used.

https://www.indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=8cafc7bc6a76b55d&advn=7192519304052358&from=serp&dest=http://www.indeed.co.uk/job/food-and-beverage-manager-8cafc7bc6a76b55d&desth=573fbb4fa017ffa30d830f085593d642&prevUrl=https://www.indeed.co.uk/m/jobs?q=Food+Beverage+Manager&l=High+Wycombe&dupclk=0&acatk=1bomlu9rs920v9vd&pub=6917c08ec3ecf6012dd26f3773156e870cace3277f6b99df

Comments

• Whoever they hire needs to bring back those chicken balti pies.

• ..and sweet popcorn

• Soup. Or a better beefy drink.

• @bill_stickers said:
    Whoever they hire needs to bring back those chicken balti pies.

It's been a personal crusade of mine for years. I even raised the issue with John Goran. It made a comeback for about half a season and the disappeared never to be seen again. IMHO this issue is more important than new strikers et al!

• As long as they get rid of those dismal Bisto pies I'll be happy. That peppered steak pasty needs putting back on the menu too.

• Does this mean the fat lad who walks around at half time looking surprised that the kiosks have run out of milk has lost his job? #whoateallthepies

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Does this mean the fat lad who walks around at half time looking surprised that the kiosks have run out of milk has lost his job? #whoateallthepies

Is he the one that sits on all the steak slices before the game

• That's Chris and I think he's the Bar Manager not Food and Beverage, though I could be mistaken.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    That's Chris and I think he's the Bar Manager not Food and Beverage, though I could be mistaken.

Makes sense, leaving him unsupervised near food would hit the bottom line.

• It's called the Raw Diet @StrongestTeam it's all the rage.

• @StrongestTeam - I agree the food on offer is very poor and I also haven't experienced worse at any away game I have attended. . However if I am desperate, I will buy a hot dog on the terrace because the food served in the Vere Suite is even worse!

• Chips in the Vere Suite are much better than The Woodlands

• Blimey they must be inedible in the Woodlands!

• @perfidious_albion would you like to share a photo of your perfect physique?

• Gave up on the food in the ground a couple of years ago when their one and only concession to veggie food was a microwaved cheese and onion pasty, which was never actually in stock.

Counting down the days to FGR away.

• @MindlessDrugHoover. Me to. I don't object to giving over my hard earned cash, but I do expect something vaguely edible in return. Why is our food offering so poor? Fond memories of the Burgers at Eastwood in the (end of) cup run, whatever year that was.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Gave up on the food in the ground a couple of years ago when their one and only concession to veggie food was a microwaved cheese and onion pasty, which was never actually in stock.

Counting down the days to FGR away.

Yup. Back in the MoN days they did a rather nice veggie burger. I never eat at the ground anymore and take a few bits for the kids to chomp to keep them amused during the 'rock and roll football' passages of play.

It's a shame as I'd rather give my money to the club.

• On a positive note 'bovril' made a welcome return to the Frank Adams after it has been claimed it had been withdrawn due to lack of demand. However unless it is made with hot water I'm pretty sure any demand left won't be there for long. Mind you it's still more palatable than some of our play.

• @Wheresthechips said:
    perfidious_albion would you like to share a photo of your perfect physique?

You show me yours, I'll show you mine

• I think physiques first and see how it goes, @perfidious_albion.

• People who can't get through a couple of hours at the footy without food are second only to those sad sacks who have to sprint out of the ground at half time for their latest fag fix...

• @Malone said:
    People who can't get through a couple of hours at the footy without food are second only to those sad sacks who have to sprint out of the ground at half time for their latest fag fix...

A smoker sprinting is a sight to behold. Do they really have to leave the ground?

• @micra said:
    A smoker sprinting is a sight to behold. Do they really have to leave the ground?

Yep. They congregate just outside the exit gates like schoolkids puffing round the back of the bike sheds.

• Well I never. (Well I did long ago!)

• @Malone for midweek games some of us have to come straight from work so something vaguely edible at the ground is appreciated. These days a Tesco Express sandwich banquet is my best option.

• @Malone I'm with you...i feel the same about people who have to take their processed cheese topped dinner, lovingly prepared in the foyer by a bored spindly youth, into the cinema.

• @MindlessDrugHoover Yes, but Tesco isn't a safe option for some of our fans, so what are they supposed to do?

• Serious question 12 months on,what are our views on the food and beverage after Saturday?

I get criticised for suggesting areas at our club that directly influence our financial performance are not up to scratch in many areas, however many of those contributers also agree here that our T bars and bars were aweful 12 months ago. Have they improved?