Skip to content

New signing incoming

Club's Twitter trying to persuade more fans along tonight with promise of a new signing in the team.

Comments

• Surely it's going to be a loan signing? We can't have much left in the pot after recent acquisitions.

• A goalkeeper on loan perhaps ?

• Fair to say the comments below the Twitter post are not 100% excited!

https://twitter.com/wwfcofficial?lang=en-gb

• TomTom
    edited August 2017

Josh Umerah. A striker on loan from Charlton https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Umerah
    No idea why we have signed him

• because Hayes if off and Tyson is out for a while.

• No idea how good he is, but he has a surname made up of three expressions of uncertainty...

• Southwell going out on loan maybe ? Or even better, Hayes being released...

• Soccerbase mistakenly has him down as 31, which didn't actually surprise me at first:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=88191

• Nothing suprises me with GA ...we need a GK not another striker

• other things are in the pipe .... patience

• Kashket and Tyson presumably out for a period of time then...

• I'm guessing that Kashket is proper fooked and or Hayes/Southwell are going. Maybe Tyson more injured than we are allowed to know too. We love a mystery at wycombe.

• Tyson was at Kilmarnock last season, wasn't he? Wonder if that's coincidence or if he had some good words to say about his potential.

• Richie, where are those two goalkeepers at?

• edited August 2017

I thought Richie said with certainty we wouldn't be making another signing after CMS. Absolute mug punter!

So that would give Bayo, Paris, CMS, Tyson, Southwell, New guy, Freeman, Hayes, Kashket.

At least 3 of that lot will be out most games, but that still leaves a lot to juggle!

• That's a lot of bodies. Maybe room for another midfielder now?

• Hayes will leave the club before the deadline.

• but we don't seem to be having a problem in scoring only conceding

• And no one is coming in, right, Richie?

• things have changed, Hayes has asked to go and Im not surprised with the way he has been treated, people have very short memory yes he has been woeful for 7 months but lets not forget when he and Beavon were ripping apart every defences in League 1 and I still stand by it if he hadnt been called back we would have stayed up and Gary Waddock would probably still be here.

• Nothing surprises me with @Wwfc2015_ buying players? What about a new ground?

• I love Richie-world, but the best guess we're left with is that either Tyson's injury is long term or that Southwell is going on loan somewhere.

• @rmjlondon Remember when Mark Stallard was ripping up trees? What about Gary Toll? Tony Horseman? It may be that Father Time has caught up with Hayes. It's been 2 seasons since he has showed much. That's a long time now.

• Southwell to Aldershot would be my guess

• If Hayes is coaching at Charlton I would say that he may have suggested he comes here for development. He can learn the art of hoofball. And Hayes won't be going anywhere although he could hang up his boots

• hayes will sign for a london club before the deadline.

• @Ned_Ludd said:
    No idea how good he is, but he has a surname made up of three expressions of uncertainty...

[insert clapping emoji]

• Does seem a slightly odd signing, although IF Hayes is doing a bit of coaching at Charlton , perhaps he has heard good things about the lad.

Do suspect that Southwell's league days may be coming to an end. Maybe a spell in Conference or even Conference North may be good for him.

Similarly if Danny Rowe is available to play football soon, wouldn't be surprised to see him play for a conference or conference north team and play every week.

Hayes, who knows, depends what his aspirations are at present - is he looking for a coupe of more years playing or focusing more on coaching now. If wanting to play every week, you would have thought more likely in conference than Lg2 now.

• Hayes is no longer a midfielder or a wide forward for me...but he could do a job as a straight replacement for Bayo as target man in my opinion. More immobile than the big man to be sure, but knows where the goal is.

• Why the IF in capital letters Dev? It's based on the bio on his own twitter profile. Why would he lie about it?