Skip to content

Some big local Non-League games today

If you fancy catching a local Non-League game today here's what's on - lots of local derbies too (all 3pm):

NATIONAL LEAGUE:

Maidenhead United v Leyton Orient

NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH:

Brackley Town v Kidderminster Harriers

NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH:

Wealdstone v Hemel Hempstead Town

SOUTHERN LEAGUE PREMIER:

Chesham United v Kings Langley

SOUTHERN LEAGUE DIV 1 EAST:

Aylesbury FC v Aylesbury United
Beaconsfield Town v Chalfont St Peter
Marlow v Hartley Wintney
Thame United v AFC Dunstable

HELLENIC LEAGUE PREMIER DIV:

Flackwell Heath v Burnham

If you're going to a game today please post a brief match summary on here later. Enjoy the game!

Comments

• Cheers Andy. Quite why there is not a full league one and two Programme today I don't know?

• The Football League One & Two fixtures should start this week-end with a game on Saturday & a game today. To start the leagues in the middle of the main holiday period is ridiculous.

• Maidenhead 0-1 Leyton Orient.

Macauley Bonne scored the only goal in the sixth minute, an excellent 6 yard header into the far corner after equally excellent work by right winger James Dayton. Apart from a 10 minute spell, the O’s bossed the first half against their rather limp hosts, but the Magpies improved after the break and really took the game to the visitors, creating numerous chances. Some last ditch blocks and off target shooting kept a very resolute Orient defence intact, but a draw would have been a fair result. Tarpey had three good chances, fluffed a couple of them, had another blocked. He spent the first half with his back to a big defender, little to run onto, but was much livelier after the break.

Orient don’t look like favourites to me for top spot, not a lot of flair on display, but they are a well drilled team and look a good bet for the top seven. Afterwards Alan Devonshire said the first half was the worst they had played this season. I can’t see Maidenhead going down, maybe middle/bottom half. Attendance was 2544, 734 away fans, beating the previous highest this season of 1631 against Wrexham. I was expecting the gate to top 3000, so perhaps a little disappointing. Their next home game is against Tranmere on Tuesday 12 September. £15 to get in, up from £10 last season. A note on the stewarding bag search, I was asked to take the tops off my sealed water bottles and take a sip from each, to prove that it wasn’t acid. That’s a new one for me.

• edited August 2017

Is there segregation now they've hit the conference?
    If they're getting 700 or so away fans there surely has to be now?

Trying to remember what they did for the FA Cup game the other season, was it Port Vale? Pretty sure they had to segregate then.

ps just one counter argument to the "there should be games in our league today". It's great if you get a home game, but probably one of the worst days of the year to be travelling surely. Bank holiday roads are rammed!

• @Malone, aways fans are now in the the Bell Street end, segregated with temporary barriers. They come from the station down Bell Street, into their own entrance. I'm not sure if it will be like that for all games. The club spent £156,000 on ground improvements over the summer, half of that coming from a Football Stadia Improvement Fund Grant. New dugouts, turnstiles, covered wheelchair area, toilets and tea bar, a new hospitality suite (£30 for a pre-match hot meal, a free drink and a seat in the stand), and some new areas of terracing.

• I was at the game today ,an article in the programme said that segregation or not would be decided on a match by match basis ,apparently for the next home game which I think is Boreham Wood it won't be in place . Very sensible approach in my view.Re August Bank Holiday games ,not sure if a league programme is practical due to travel unless they are all local derbies . However seeing we have a stack of Check a Trade games tomorrow night ie a work day they would have probably got better crowds if played this afternoon ?

• Forgot to mention Police don't like Aug BH games as they have a lot of demands on their manpower ie Notting Hill, festivals etc

• I would segregate against Boreham Wood to be honest, pulled a few surprises in their time.