Skip to content

Flares

Though I know there will be discussion about the type of flare, the different heat of flares, flares in the open air, just food for thought for those who think it's all a bit of fun that old people should not get into such a sweat about.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-41038623

Comments

• There's a big difference between a flare and what's been seen at Wycombe games and called a flare

• @Username really? I should have reflected that in the post I suppose...

• @Wendoverman said:
    Though I know there will be discussion about the type of flare, the different heat of flares, flares in the open air, just food for thought for those who think it's all a bit of fun that old people should not get into such a sweat about.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-41038623

I take great exception to this post, as an 'old person' at least according to Wycombe ticket pricing policy, I remember when we all wore flares at Loakes Park, and very smart they looked to.

• It's simple with flares/smoke bombs/stink bombs and any other unsociable stuff.

If you and your mates love doing it so much, do it round each other's houses.
    You get the fun and enjoyment, of how big it all is, and you don't cheese everyone else off.
    Perfect.

• Or do it on the village play area,

• @perfidious_albion : I take it spilling is not your strong point.

• You may take it that it's not mine either. I was sure that trousers were flaired. Not so. Apologies.

• @perfidious_albion if you wore those flares, you would certainly have looked hot and luckily been close to the hospital.

• From the old army surplus shop under the railway bridge past Frogmore, natty line in greatcoats as well✌️

• @Malone said:
    It's simple with flares/smoke bombs/stink bombs and any other unsociable stuff.

If you and your mates love doing it so much, do it round each other's houses.

Can you still get stink bombs? Are there still joke shops? Wonderful memories!

• With some of our fans, you don't even need them!

• @arnos_grove said:
    Can you still get stink bombs? Are there still joke shops? Wonderful memories!

I have very vague memories of there being a joke shop round the back of the Octagon. Amazing that such a thing could ever have existed.

• @drcongo said:

It was definitely somewhere in the Octagon - perhaps upstairs near Percy Prior's music shop. I do remember launching a few bombs over the balcony but in that era, the general stink of The Octagon neutralised then quite easily.

Pack of gum with spring loaded metal clamp for trashing fingers? Itching powder to give people rashes? Wonderful days!

• I'd always like a nice plastic 'ice cube' with a fly in it.

Or a fake poo.

• edited August 2017

Oi, what about the fart cushion? Now that was, (and still is with my brother in law), a very popular tool.

• I no longer need one, unfortunately. I've no respect for the ozone layer.

• Remote controlled fart machine was by far the better one.
    Hours of fun.

• You're clearly a different generation @Malone. There was no such thing as remote control when I was a kid.

• @drcongo said:
    You're clearly a different generation Malone. There was no such thing as remote control when I was a kid.

Clearly @Malone is a spoilt child who was given a Mr Frosty at the first time of asking!

• In my day we had to make our own farts.

• I still do, particularly after my daughter found on the Internet somewhere that a far can burn up to 6 calories. By my reckoning I should be looking like a concentration camp victim. I'm clearly not if my mirrors are to be believed.

• I always wondered who'd be dumb enough to sit on a whoopy cushion anyway. And one blast and the fun's over.

A remote controlled one hidden somewhere clever though, repeated fun from afar.
    I miss those days!

• TBF my brother in law has evolved to a fart app on his iPhone. FYI he is nearly 60 and still gets great joy from using it!

• There's a great joy than someone being taken in by a fake poo. I was furious when I thought one of my mates had done a dirt on my toilet floor, until I realised he'd dropped part of a bourbon biscuit.

• @arnos_grove shouldn't you be just a bit concerned that you have a mate who eats bourbons whilst evacuating his lower bowels?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    arnos_grove shouldn't you be just a bit concerned that you have a mate who eats bourbons whilst evacuating his lower bowels?

It's a very long story... In short, a confrontation re said biscuit saw crumbled bourbons stuffed down someone's back. Clearly some worked their way into his kecks and many hours / drinks later...

• It's happened to us all.

• @Lloyd2084 I've got a fake poo that I don't really use much these days. I'll bring it along to a game if you want it.

• Are you SURE it is fake?

• @Lloyd2084 Well you'll have to find out, won't you?