Skip to content

Grimsby Match Report

Comments

• Did El-Abd actually concede the penalty as they said it was Stewart on Sky?

• Wycombe Twitter feed said Stewart too but the reporter was at the game too so he may be right. Didn't bother reading the report. Thanks for posting in the thread who wrote it.

• Unnecessary and unhelpful comment, @Right_in_the_Middle.

• @Right_in_the_Middle Same here.

Fairly difficult to tell from where we were what happened for either penalty.

• Interesting discussion for another thread though. Can you separate the work from the man? By all accounts the sculptor Vigeland (of the massively popular Frogner Park in Oslo) was a Nazi sympathizer!

• Right in the middle - c**p comment!

• It's better than I thought it would be @Right_in_the_Middle, having shared the same concerns. A couple of classic (and unnecessary) Clifty jibes, but overall pretty good.

• Difficult to say at the time and no wiser looking at the highlights. Fairly decent report but harsh on Brown for the second goal - i don't think he had much of a chance and a bit OTT on Freeman who did okay but wasn't the saviour today this reporter makes out

• Hi @floyd, what jibes out of interest?
    Curious to know and will aim to improve in future if there were genuine jibes in there.

• Could well be right @bookertease. At the time felt brown ovedived. Having seen highlights, which I hadn't at time of writing, it just looks like a great goal.

• @clifty04 Fair comment on Brown for the penalty though. He's scampering towards the post before Rose has even finished his run up!

• @clifty04 'we don't play football with Akinfenwa' or something like that, plus telling us Scott Brown dived 'incrediblly' early. They took away from what was otherwise a fine report.

• Did Brown make any saves?

• Thanks for the report.

• On the commentary Phil exclaimed he made at least one excellent save during the match.

• Brown made one good save with his feet just before half time. He's generally useless though. Bean was the worst player yesterday when he came on.

• edited August 2017

@Right_in_the_Middle and @chris Absolutely disgraceful comments. Stop living in the past of about six days ago. @clifty04 thanks for the report (I didn't read it either)...did anyone call Gareth a ****ing gypsy ****?

• Brown was okay I thought. Seemed to be reasonably happy coming off his line. Didn't have that much to do but couldn't really be faulted. They threw an awful lot of long throws into our box from both sides but we didn't seem to panic, which I was dreading