Skip to content

To the few anti gasroom idiots at Port Vale

Grow up and come back when your balls have dropped. 3.0 up and people singing 'gasroom where are you?' Is embarassing.

If you do not like it then do not read if...but for hosting of us seated at the front to be continually abused by a few young lads with no brain cells is somewhat remarkable!

Rant over

Comments

• I didn't hear that.

• Nor did I.

• Does anyone actually care (other than the OP)?

• edited August 2017

OP = original poster?

• I remember them doing this at a particularly dreary 0-0 at Mansfield one year.

Furiously inviting any gasroom individual posters to respond, to a leery bunch of aggressive yobs, and seeming surprised no one "came and talked to us"

• To be fair most comments on here about the facebook group (some of whom I assume were singing the above ) are very condescending and not usually very friendly. Maybe it is therefor understandable . The original posters description of some of the younger fans at the club is quite typical on here and often not provoked . There are some on here who are totally up themselves .

• I agree, @James , that civility runs both ways.

• Nice little touch from some of our more 'gentlemanly' fans at the end of the game, gesturing aggressively towards GA and shouting 'f****** gypsy c***, just because he committed the heinous crime of going over to applaud the Vale fans before coming round to applaud us.
    When challenged about this, their answer was...
    "We support the club every week and pay his wages, so he should come to us first".

YCMIU.

• Idiots. Although again not something I personally noticed.

• edited August 2017

Yes. I observed that too. Your man Stokes was stood on a seat at the back gesturing furiously and showing, for a journalist, a remarkably limited vocabulary, which he continued to use towards someone who, I assume was challenging him. Was that you, @newburywanderer?

I followed him out of the ground. He seemed drunk.

• Yes some of the comments on here are derogatory towards them, manly because of the overly aggressive and foul mouthed rants we are subjected to. Today at 3.0, why on earth was this going on? And it appeared verbal assaults for the poor soul who challenged them at the final whistle

• @HCblue @wycombelad Was probably me. Didn't verbally challenge him, just fixed him and a couple of others with a hard stare, which prompted him to ask me 'whether I wanted to talk about it outside'.

• Ah, I think it was you I saw then. Did you walk out about the same time as him?

• Yes I did. Not a pleasant end to an otherwise good afternoon.

• Once again WycombeLad pretends to be an old man moaning about the behaviour of the young fans and once again everyone falls for it. It's so dreary. He's so blatantly on the wind up, fishing for outrage his and his acned mates can snigger over.

• If he offered you out just for looking at him you've got reasonable grounds to complain to the club IMO. You should be allowed to go to a football match without some pissed up moron threatening you with violence.

• We won 3 2

• Crying to 'the club' is ridiculous. It will be banning orders next

• Or 'flares'

• Good night was it?

• @aloysius said:
    Once again WycombeLad pretends to be an old man moaning about the behaviour of the young fans and once again everyone falls for it. It's so dreary. He's so blatantly on the wind up, fishing for outrage his and his acned mates can snigger over.

@wycombelad is definitely not a youngster.

• I think if there are any old men on here (who moan about the behaviour of the young fans ) they should take a reality pill . A portion of teenagers and young men have always been boisterous , aggressive , confrontational . This has been the case since the beginning of mankind and it will always will be the case . It is also not unique to WWFC and yes they will sometimes get drunk @ HCblue . Is this really so unusual ? you say it like being drunk is like committing murder . Please can everyone get over it !!!

• Pretty sure older people have always criticised them for it too.

• There were plenty of 'old' people who'd had a few to drink there yesterday...but none of them were wandering around trying to get a rise out of fellow Wycombe fans...

• @James with my old patronising head on I would suggest you read a little more on the history of mankind and anthropology in general when you may find that your views on teenagers and young men and their elders are not necessarily accurate.

However I do tend to agree that we should be a little more relaxed about today's youth acting very much like the same obnoxious and boisterous idiots we probably were in our younger days.

I personally find the behaviour and confrontation towards our own supporters a little depressing and pathetic (albeit mildly amusing in a shake my head sort of way), and it's an element that was probably absent ever since we moved to Adams Park until recently.

But that's kids (including old men trying too hard to still be) for you and as @Chris points out I'm pretty sure the moaning of the old about the young probably does pre-date history

• @James if alcohol makes you aggressive and confrontational it's not the drug of choice for you.
    So here's the thing lets for the sake of argument say you've had a couple of WKDs and shout player A is dogshit
    I however think he's a professional trying his best but is struggling with his form and tell you so
    You offer to take me outside and beat your opinion into me
    DING DING line crossed did you see that boisterous fine, confrontational fine, threatening violence not fine.
    There's a dose of 50 year old single malt reality pill for you

• edited August 2017

@James Since you bring it up, I would say that publically directing rude gestures and issuing repeated expletives of the most vulgar nature while standing on a seat, and making threats of violence is antisocial behaviour entirely worthy of criticism. It is not at all the case that the sort of behaviours you describe, which are not unique to people of a certain age, should be ignored or shrugged off as just part of life's rich tapestry. They are not and are properly identified and condemned by any society or group that aspires to be a civilised one.

Being drunk is not like committing murder and there was nothing in my post that suggested as much. But being drunk at 4 o'clock in the afternoon, where it leads to the sorts of behaviours outlined above, is bad and not at all an inevitable part of being young. Would you prefer me to say that his behaviour was as it was because he is a disordered individual incapable of avoiding aggressive, antisocial behaviour or as a person prone to being drunk at a football match in a way that leads to bouts of criminal aggression? Entirely your choice. Either way, I'm comfortable commenting on it in the relatively reserved way I did earlier. Since you bring it up.

• @micra do you know him personally? If not, what makes you so definite?

• Maybe I've got it wrong all these years but I thought the idea was to wind up and take the piss out of the other team's supporters.

• @tom_doust - Stokes and his cronies don't have the bottle to wind up the oposition supporters, they might get hurt!