Skip to content

Comments

• I'd have to admit that Ingram at Cambridge didn't do much to dispel this reputation. Not our finest moment.

• It's pretty funny how riled up some opposition fans are. It's one thing to have a little cry about mean ol' Wycombe on your team's own forum after a match, quite another to do it on everyone else's.

• Opposition fans will always pick up on the worst aspects of your play, while we see the best and worst of the team. Under Ainsworth this year we can be scrappers, we can be physical and we can time waste. We can also play fantastic flowing football, but few fans will credit the opposition for being better than them - better to blame a defeat on the forces of evil - cheating opposition / terrible refereeing etc. The fact we're getting so much stick this season for this shows we're doing something right. Better than everyone loving us for rolling over and gifting them 3 points. The original post obviously isn't from a Cobblers fan but Northampton are the worst team I've seen this season for fouling and play-acting, but they're obviously capable of better on occasions.

• edited April 2015

It's not the players' jobs to make everyone like us. They are here to win games.

• Stevenage were appalling...but I suppose we take that as read.

• Any side managed by Chris Wilder is the absolute prime example of the very antics that they are complaining about. Northampton were quite frankly appalling at AP as were Oxford when managed by that horrible example of management. Even his post match interview confirmed this when he stated that "we broke up the play and managed to slow the game down very well". As such, Cobblers fans must have witnessed this quite a lot the last season and a half!

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Opposition fans will always pick up on the worst aspects of your play, while we see the best and worst of the team. Under Ainsworth this year we can be scrappers, we can be physical and we can time waste. We can also play fantastic flowing football, but few fans will credit the opposition for being better than them - better to blame a defeat on the forces of evil - cheating opposition / terrible refereeing etc. The fact we're getting so much stick this season for this shows we're doing something right. Better than everyone loving us for rolling over and gifting them 3 points. The original post obviously isn't from a Cobblers fan but Northampton are the worst team I've seen this season for fouling and play-acting, but they're obviously capable of better on occasions.

True as you said everyone loved us last season when we turned up , played just enough football to make the game interesting and then gave them the points but now they get the kleenex out because we are playing fast attacking football as well as scrapping and pressing and forcing under pressure defenders into rash challenges.

• Who honestly gives a toss what some bitter inadequate dribbles onto an internet forum?
    Any Wycombe fan who hasn't been inspired by us defying the odds and keeping going at and near the top all season must have a heart of stone and/or zero footballing knowledge.

• The same chap is also giving the same warning to Morecambe .... http://giraffe.arvixe.com/~iomkeith/shrimpsvoices/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19947

• @Jocks_little_helper This Boggy is becoming a bit of a K**b if you ask me. Cant believe Morecambe have anything to say, they have that thug Ellison in their ranks.

• What a sad little prat Boggy must be. Diddums, did our nasty players beat your poor wickle team? There, there, mummy kiss it better.

• Creed has to find something else to do with his ever so enriched and full life I guess.

• The Boggy bot doing the Fans forums, very enterprising. Lol