Skip to content

Kortney Hause

Heard a rumour yesterday that Southampton have made a £7 million bid for Kortney. He left Wycombe in 2014 in an undisclosed transfer
deal. Does anyone know whether we had any details of a sell-on clause in the Wolves deal?
Just hope we have not messed up again, as we did with Matt Phillips.
If we have a sell-on , then this could be fantastic news for the club , and give GA much needed transfer funds boost.
Come on you Blues!!

Comments

• Perhaps a loan striker with a 20 goal a season record in Southampton's youth side would suffice!

• Virgin Van Dijk reported today that he is being made to train alone, after he told manager Mauricio Pelligrino he was not 'making himself available for selection'. Kortney Hause maybe being lined up as his replacement.

• edited July 2017

I heard Hause went for 150k, back when we were being forced to flog players at rock bottom prices just to keep going.

I'll be utterly amazed if there was no sell-on clause, they're pretty standard in deals for clubs like ours, as we've seen with players that have gone before him such as Phillips and Ibe.

• This confirms there was a sell-on clause, although obviously no idea on the percentage. Even just 10% of a £7m fee would be bloody brilliant.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2014/january/hause-heads-to-wolves/

• Southampton were rumored to be interested a couple of years back:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/southampton-west-ham-watching-wolves-defender-kortney-hause-4096615

They could definitely still be interested, because from what I have read, they have a fairly unique long term monitoring system of players.

• Interesting if West Ham were looking at him - they let him go from their youth team before he joined ours.

• Kourtney Hause was left out of the Wolves squad that travelled to Shrewsbury for yesterday's game.
    Sounds that this rumour may have some truth in it
    Wolves have been signing defenders this week and they may be looking to move him on.

• Come on Kourtney, get yourself a big move son!

Just imagine any sort of injection of £500k upwards! Just imagine!

• Well it would plainly be very nice.

With no obvious large outgoing transfer potential in the current squad and apart from Hause and Ingram, hard to think of a potential sell-on on the way, we would have to think very carefully what to do with any such sell-on received.

Is the money still outstanding to the "chairboy funders". If so presumably it would be used to repay them (indeed hard to see how we would do so any other way).

I believe there is a fan forum shortly, maybe a question for those going to ask what debt needs to be repaid in the next four years and what are plans for doing so?