Skip to content

Stunners

With Tyson back iv been thinking back on some of the classics at Adams park and the best goals iv seen there. Off the top of my head of got Brown against col u, Jamaine against posh, a fulham player scoring from the halfway line, Defoe for Bournemouth and probably the best Zola in a pre season friendly in 02........am I missing any better? Not making the list McKnight overhead kick just because it's McKnight

Comments

• scott barrett's goal for col u in 1991/2 could be described as a classic or a fluke depending which team you supported.

• To young to remember that, my first game was a 2-2 draw against Bradford in 95 I think, and they scored a beauti

• Dean Windass' goal for Hull City, back in my first season watching Wycombe, is still one of my all time favourites:

• I'm with @Uncle_T on the Windass goal. Jaw droppingly good live. Not a stunner as such but my favourite Wycombe goal is probably Guppy's last minute (ish) 'I really don't fancy a midweek trip up to bloody Gateshead' solo effort when he ran the length of the pitch to score the winner in the FA Trophy QF(?).

• edited July 2017

Russell Martin against Macclesfield when we lost 5-4 wasn't bad. 3:22

• edited July 2017

My favourite Wycombe goal and my favourite defeat!

• Good to hear the dulcet tones of Bill Turnbull.

• Steve Guppy vs Runcorn has to be up there.

McSporran vs Lincoln (with Bruce Grobelaar in goal for them) was pretty special as well

• Can't find any footage of Mike Conroy's goal for Fulham from the halfway line but its good in my head

• I imagine the Fulham fans will still be singing about it next month as well.

If every Fulham fan who sang that song had actually been at the game, the away end would have needed to have held about 20,000

• @bigred87 , am I missing a gag with you calling Leon Knight, McKnight?

• Jason Cousins goal that lodged in the stanchion. I was right behind that I was.

• Mawson against Luton was also top drawer.

• Not at Adams Park though

• Similar to the Windass goal above.. Shame no one was there to watch it in the JPT

• ah yes @eric_plant that's true enough.

• Stephen mcginn (remember him?) long range shot out of the blue against exeter...that was quite nice.

• Me being painfully tired why posting last night......of course it's knight.

• Jason cousins lodging the ball in the stanction was memorable.
    Steve guppy's pitch long run midweek and chipped finish brought mayhem on the terrace .
    Paul emblems header at Lincoln - amazing day .
    Steve Thompson's longrange equaliser at home to west Brom was again a wonderful day .
    Cyril Regis away at orient on a baking hot last day of the season from 30 yards .
    Happy happy days .

• Just remember Stefan Oakes' thunderbastard in the league cup v Donny

• edited July 2017

Tommy Mooney sticking it in the top corner on debut to kick off the Gormania era.

• What game was De Souza's pingy effort?

• @Username I was one of the few there to witness the Stonebridge wonder-strike. His best moment in a blue shirt by a long chalk and my brother (who wasn't there) reckoned it was "hit and hope"!

• Away at Layer Road a goal scored by rebounding off Guppy's backside. Doesn't get better than that.

• Harriman scored a good one against cambridge.

• Home against goodness knows who off Bulman's bum.

• Bristol Rovers that was. It was our first point of the season wasn't it?

• @Rolo said:
    Username I was one of the few there to witness the Stonebridge wonder-strike. His best moment in a blue shirt by a long chalk and my brother (who wasn't there) reckoned it was "hit and hope"!

Against Bristol City in a cup game, I seem to recall.

• Tory Goon

• @LX1 said:
    Tory Goon

A stunner?