Skip to content

Line up vs. Morecambe?

How would you line us up on Saturday? I know we have no idea on fitness in the squad and Gaz will do it his way but this is what I would do given that we have to win & to win we need goals:3/1/3/3
Matt I / Nico, Alfie, JJ / Murph (sitting in front) / Blooms, Sam S, Sam W. / Craigie, Hayes, Fred.
Bench: Lynch, Beano, Arron H. Kretch, Fletch, Matt McC

Comments

• Ingram

Bean Mawson Murphy JJ

Saunders Bloomfield Wood

Fred Hayes Ephraim

• Providing both Nico and JJ are fit this is what id would go with in a 3-1-3-1-2 , if JJ and nico are unfit put Bean and wood in the back 3 and put Ephraim on right wing put blooms out on the left.

Imgram

Nico       Alfie          JJ

Murphy

Blooms Saunders Wood

Hayes
       Fred                    Craig  

• Assuming no-one else is available (and that Nico, Saunders and Blooms are):

Ingram

Yennaris Mawson Murphy Wood
    Saunders Bloomfield Bean
    Onyedinma Craig Hayes

Lynch, Fletcher, Ephraim, Kretzchmar

• I'm hoping JJ will be fit and go something like:

Ingram

Yennaris Mawson Murphy JJ
    Bloomfield Bean
    Fred Saunders Wood
    Hayes

• How confident are you all, in the back four including Murphy.

• Morecambe are among the lower scorers in the division. That would give us some hope I suppose that a makeshift back four could keep it down to one goal, maybe a clean sheet. A lot depends on the midfield in front of them though.

Can't say the same about Northampton but let's take one game at a time!

• Bean looked ok at RB actually

• Best ive seen him play

• I understand Murphy has slotted into the centre back role before in his AS days.

• I cannot fault Craig for his endeavour but he is always a hair's breath away from a booking and country mile away from a goal. I would hope to see Ephraim start. Four across the back. 3 across the middle. Ephraim in front of them. 2 up top.

• I'm not sure Ephraim could do enough defensively in the wider positions of a 4-3-3. Hayes and Fred are always willing (and able) to track back and cover if required.

• Hayes, Craig, Fred as a front three just don't make sense to me. Are we playing the long ball to two men to knock down? Craig is hardly a close control forward he is a blunt instrument. I would rather see Fred out wide and Craig and Hayes in a two than including them in a three. Still think that Ephraim would be better starting for 60 / 70 mins than finishing for 10 - 20.

• Hayes has to play up top on saturday, ineffective out wide

• If JJ is back, 4-4-2 with Nico, Murphy, Mawson, JJ and then Fred, Blooms, Bean, Wood, then Craig and Hayes up top? I really don't get why Ainsworth has persisted on playing Fred up top recently when he did most damage as a wide man.

• I'd go with same as WWFC_ZG except would have Hogan instead of Craig and play behind Hayes in free role.

• I agree noodle

• So do I. Come on Gareth - that's a quorum, I think!

• Saunders should be fit and if so he has to start ahead of Hogan surely.

• Not convinced by Hogan...but agree using Fred wide is where we can do damage, he's been off the boil for weeks now.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    How would you line us up on Saturday? I know we have no idea on fitness in the squad and Gaz will do it his way but this is what I would do given that we have to win & to win we need goals:3/1/3/3
    Matt I / Nico, Alfie, JJ / Murph (sitting in front) / Blooms, Sam S, Sam W. / Craigie, Hayes, Fred.
    Bench: Lynch, Beano, Arron H. Kretch, Fletch, Matt McC

I bet this lineup isn't to far off what Gaffer will run with. Murphy protecting the back 3.

I must add, the top 3 (whoever up there) must, I mean must, put their chances away. To many times we miss early sitters when we are dominant the proceedings.

COYB's, make our visit a memorable one.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Not convinced by Hogan...but agree using Fred wide is where we can do damage, he's been off the boil for weeks now.

Ephraim looked promising when he first arrived, but since then has flattered to deceive. Clearly a skilful player but just hasn't made the most of his chances.

• @Ciderk1d, @perfidious_albion - I'm intrigued at the idea of playing with only one designated centre-back flanked by FBs. Is that because you don't rate Morecambe as an attcking threat?

Isn't it safer to drop Murphy back into the back four and play to a system that they all know? Changing the system for such a crucial game seems to me to be courting trouble.

• I think there is very little chance we will see anything other than a back four tomorrow.

• Of course there will be a back four. Wouldn't be surprised to see it protected by both Bloomfield and Bean either, assuming the former is available. Hope Saunders will be fit to make up the midfield three, JJ will be back at LB leaving Sam Wood to form a front 3 with Hayes and Fred

• Bloomfield has declared himself fit (on BFP site) so that is a major boost.

• excellent news. I know from his twitter account that JJ was looking to be back available as well. That would be huge also.

•             Ingram

Yennaris Murphy Mawson Jacobson

Bean Bloomfield

Fred Saunders Wood

Hayes

• It looks as though fromt hat BFP article everyone but sido has a chance in being in the match day squad, it just depends on how this week has gone, which is promising. I believe we'll ba able to field a strong side.

• Imagine the teams confidence, if a few pass the late fitness tests tomorrow. Spider sense Fred due a goal. Can't wait to leave for the match tomorrow.

• Unfortunately JJ isn't fit for tomorrow:-(