Skip to content

Jake Hyde

Ive just read that one time WWFC target Hyde,missed the Bosman ruling by one day.
His 24th birthday was on July 1st and therefore Barnet were entitled to a fee for him.
York offered 70,000 for him, which was declined by the Bees who demanded 200k !!
The tribunal ruling ordered the Minster Men to pay only £40,000.
I wonder how much of a bearing this had on the recent decision to cash in on Josh Scowen ??

Comments

• I'm a friend of his brothers and saw him last week,he was offered £400 a week at Wycombe and is on £1,700 at York .Money talks in football so he gone for the bigger pay check.

• I blame Jimmy Hill. Its all his fault

• He'll be spending the difference on petrol.....

• 1700 at York,, FMB, no wonder clubs are struggling. But that's nothing on the rumours that Leyton Orient are paying 20,000 per week to one player....

• FFS that's only 20K a year.. Not many pros are going to play for that! If that's all we've got to offer Rymans League here we come. Any half decent pro is going to want around a grand a week.

@wycombe28forever said:
    I'm a friend of his brothers and saw him last week,he was offered £400 a week at Wycombe and is on £1,700 at York .Money talks in football so he gone for the bigger pay check.

• He lives in York but has relatives in Windsor.He highly rates mawson aswell

• Don't we all!

• @ChasHarps said:
    Ive just read that one time WWFC target Hyde,missed the Bosman ruling by one day.
    His 24th birthday was on July 1st and therefore Barnet were entitled to a fee for him.
    York offered 70,000 for him, which was declined by the Bees who demanded 200k !!
    The tribunal ruling ordered the Minster Men to pay only £40,000.
    I wonder how much of a bearing this had on the recent decision to cash in on Josh Scowen ??

• Little or none, I would have thought.

• Hyde did not look very good at our place. Very non-league.

• 20k a week at bloody Leyton Orient!? That cannot be for real.

• @Glenactico said:
    20k a week at bloody Leyton Orient!? That cannot be for real.

Yep got real, it was reported in the nasty paper....