Skip to content

Guess the ground

edited April 2015 in Football

in this fear-mongering article (http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/12897847.Train_passengers_told_to_help_stamp_out_thuggish_football_fan_behaviour_on_Bucks_trains/)
in which the BFP strangely featured a picture of a placid scene at a ground where Wycombe (to my knowledge) failed to win until almost 94 years to the day after our first visit.

Not as tricky as NewburyWanderers's offerings, but anyone below 30 would have a hard time guessing this one.

Comments

• Is that the closest the BFP picture library can get to football fans on the rampage

• Is the picture from a failed "spot the ball" competition ?

• Fans of some clubs certainly have gone on the rampage at this ground in the past!

• Goldstone Ground?

• Spot on @Len. Your prize is the trusty companion of many a Brightonian over the years...

• On a different tack now, and not WWFC-related, can anyone identify this one, home to a surprisingly high-ranked club.

Photo26_26A

Photo27_27A

• Did the lawn mower run out of petrol?

• I thought the background looked familiar! The ground itself looked very different when I went on the Funchal bus tour earlier this year and passed by the building site of their ground Estádio dos Barreiros, home of Marítimo of Madeira.

• Excellent, well done! I took my photos in 1995, couldn't believe the ground was so basic for the level of the club. Redevelopment obviously now underway, to be completed this year according to Wikipedia.

• back in '95 FrijdPink people stopped for lunch! - well in Madeira probably for a siesta (or the Portuguese equivalent)