Skip to content

Match day thread: Cambridge

Comments

• I dont know about anyone else but I have zero hope or expectation today. I love it that the club are driving the game on the same level as Torquay, Lincoln etc but those were totally different and I was long reconciled to this season ending with no play off place.
    Thats not me being negative or dismissive its just it would come as a massive bonus (or surprise/shock) to me at 7.30pm tonight and I see us in the play offs.
    A solid 7 out of 10 season for me, maybe with a teacher's note (and a smiley face) to say 'I know you can do better Wycombe'.

• I'm going not because I think we have any realistic chance of getting play-offs... more that I'd hate to miss out on the scenes if somehow it happened and we pipped Col U to the post.

• Don't have any expectations, but there is always room for a little bit of hope pre-match! Would be nice to end the season on a high and just see what happens elsewhere.

• The club are bigging up what a good season we've had but has it really been? Bar a cup fourth round appearance and a good mid-season run it has been very poor hasn't it? A let down given the players at our disposal.

• Barring the good bits it's not been good. Including the good bits it has been.

• Almost no hope of a playoff place. At Torquay, we had to win and rely on one of two other relegation theatened sides to lose. I always believed it could happen but when it did it was described as a miracle. It would be a true miracle if we are anywhere in the playoff places tonight.

• It won't happen. Too many 'gimme's' for clubs above us (Blackpool and Carlisle mainly). Still been a good season though and I'm pretty sure we'd have made the playoffs if it wasn't for the fixture congestion in Feb

• If it wasn't for Blackpool playing Orient I'd give us half a chance, but as it is I can't see it happening.

• Blackpool, Colchester and us to win, Carlisle and Stevenage to draw.

• If you missed it last time round, the latest issue of The Wanderer will again be on sale today from the WWISC stand in the RIghton carpark, between the two origin buildings. Free to WWISC members and £1.50 to everyone else.

WWISC go into the final day of the season hoping to achieve a pay-off position, but will be relying on sales elsewhere to achieve this, so please do pick up a copy.

Please note the delayed sales time. This is to allow Dev buying a copy to be televised.

• I was convinced we had no chance at Torquay, whereas today I actually think we'll do it, so there's that.

• Maybe not blind faith @floyd but certainly blinkered!

• What do you think @Cyclops ?

• I'll be happy with a decent performance and 3 points today. I'd be delighted if we end up in the play offs, but I accept it's unlikely. It's been a good season, ok in the league (after 45 games), excellent in the cups. We've needed the recent cup runs for the financial stability of the club, so from that viewpoint the season will be viewed as a success.

• @floyd terrible news. Might not bother going now

• Shame. I can't get online odds for Wycombe to win and Blackman to score.

• I'm with @Wycombe85 . Hoping for a good game. Anything else would be a (colossal) bonus.

• 2nd best season in our history

• @LX1 said:
    2nd best season in our history

Based on what criteria @LX?

• FA Cup

• Our second best run in the FA cup yes.
    But as a season, it doesn't beat promotions seasons, or even coming 6th in the league 1 equivalent in MON's last season surely.

• That's what I was thinking.

• Can I go now, please.

• edited May 2017

Are you trying to develop that as a catchphrase?

• @eric_plant 3-0 by half time.

• Kashket misses an open goal from five yards.

• Exeter 1-0 Carlisle
    Crawley 0-1 Mansfield

• Blackpool 1-0 Leyton Orient

• Mansfield 2-0 up.

• Mansfield kind of irrelevant to us.