Skip to content

New kit?

So all remaining stock of the white change shirt and both keeper kits are going on sale this weekend. Should we take it therefore that there will be a new change kit next season?

I kinda miss the tequila sunrise shirt - I hope the next one is as garishly florescent as that classic.

Comments

• Always like quarters for away kit,loved the red and white or how about yellow and green ?

• Light and dark green quarters for the change shirt is the dream...

• Nah, all white is perfect. Really like this current one, miles better than the dreadful current first choice kit. I just wish we wore it at home

• I agree with Eric it's smart. But if I had a choice I would prefer a traditional red kit.

• The turquoise home kit is the worst in the clubs history. Prefer the Smith Mizuno effort.

• The red and white quarters of 2001/2 and the all red of 1998/99 are my favourite change strips in my time following us. I have a strong aversion to garish colours in football kits, though the decision makers will be evaluating whether the target punter would prefer a kit that dissolved their retinas, and these people general win out over sticks in the mud like me.

• Football matches should always be Blue v Red.

• I really like the current white one. Always feel confident when we wear it for some reason. Probably because I've seen us beat Portsmouth, Barnet, Cheltenham, and Chesterfield whilst wearing it, but only lost to Coventry in the matches I've seen.

• Green and white stripes. Carlisle away. Unforgettable.

• Personally, as a link to our Isthmian League heritage I'd like to see chocolate & pink quarters or halves (Corinthian Casuals). It looks very smart.

• I agree Andy.

• pink and brown quarters for me

• Sutton used to wear a similar brown and pink quarters away kit aswell going back a few years, always found it quite nice to look at.

• edited April 2017

I'd snap up any offer of red and white quarters.

• A pink and brown kit would probably be a nightmare commercially

• Pale yellow shirts and light blue shorts of the 70's and 80's. Absolute stonker of a strip. Would love to see it back.

• Pimk and brown, would.it nothe. Look like a neapolitana ice cream?

• orange from the sanchez time, remember danny balman scoring a stunner at the gas in it

• Light blue top like we wore when i first watched Wycombe in 1973.

• Love a red and white quartered shirt, although aren't the colours on the High Wycombe coat of arms red and black - it might be nice to do something with those colours. I know we had a red and black striped shirt many moons ago (1992/1993?)

@bigred87 When the club sold off a bunch of old match-worn shirts I got the orange Dannie Bulman one for my mate as a best man present.

• For what it's worth I think any combination of red and black looks great, unless worn by ManUre of course.

• Loved the black kit (still wear it to play football/at the gym) another one of those please. Preferably one in a season where we don't only wear it in games where we get shat upon (one of the annihilations LIVE!!!! on Sky vs Hudds, but there were more).

• i would like to see normal sensible quarters as a home kit but wouldn't mind something bright or colourful as an away kit

Ps does anyone know how much the kit on Saturday is going to cost

• @TConnor . Am somewhat confident your dad told you this morning, though maybe there was too much punctuation in his answer for you to follow him.

• He's missing a full stop at the end of his first sentence, a question mark at the end of his second and a capital I to start the whole thing off. I've seen considerably worse crimes against grammar on this site...

• White shirt with two hoops, like West Ham use from time to time, but one hoop light blue, the other dark. Or white with a diagonal sash, split light and dark blue.

• @aloysius But you're not his father. And, unless I'm mistaken, I am. :-)

• edited April 2017

I'd like to see Claret and Amber as our away kit, always liked Bradford colours

As for past efforts (since 91)

Fave Home: The 2004-06 non-shiny Prostar Loans kit
    Worst home: Smith Mizuno 96/97

Fave Change: Tequila Sunset
    Runners-up: Red & Blue quarters (later one)

Worst change: 92/93 yellow with flecks
    Runners up: 01/02 Orange, recent luminous green

• @HCblue said:
    aloysius But you're not his father. And, unless I'm mistaken, I am. :-)

In that case, your answer just became my favourite ever Gasroom post.