Skip to content

Match Report - Barnet

Comments

• No comment on Pierre? Worth more than 6 too.

• A magnificent double save from Jamal Blackman kept it at 1-0 when Barnet looked certain to score. Blackman has been superb in recent weeks, and this was one of his best moments.

I can't believe my eyes.

• Tbf to Clifty, his assessment has been pretty fair of Blackman who had an extended period when he made a mistake a game which was being punished and costing us points.

Since his form has turned around every report I've seen has praised him. You can't just ignore poor form, if you're going to take praise when it's going well, you accept flack when it's not.

• Nice report. Thanks.

• edited April 2017

Thanks @Username.
    Blackman was making mistakes and I picked up on that, maybe (and probably) too much so.
    However, recently he's been superb and I'll say that. And my reports have said so. Happy that's eventually been picked up upon.

@MindlessDrugHoover - I didn't feel a comment on Pierre was appropriate.

• @MindlessDrugHoover Honestly, I thought Pierre had one of his less impressive games today. Could understand if his mind was not quite there, but I've seen him be much better than this. I might ahve gone 5 for him and JJ today, if I'm honest. JJ's crossing and distribution has been a bit off the last two games, it's seemed to me.

• I thought Kashket was extremely quiet and JJ was run ragged. Both 4s in my opinion if Pierre was a 6. Methinks Mr Clift a little blinkered on AP.

• Mmn. Kashket might have been the other 5 for me, now I think of it. The ongoing issue with him is that he loses every 50/50 challenge. Not a criticism: he's just so light. Freeman made a very positive difference when he came on.

• Agree on Jombati! Weird that he seems such a solid, ball playing centre back when he is such a maverick, mistake ridden right back!

• @Onlooker - "Methinks Mr Clift a little blinkered on AP."
    Without a doubt. Considering the miserable time that AP must have had over the past few days I thought he performed excellently today. His mind was bang on the job as far as I could see. As for Mr Clift - I expect he was standing with his cronies who were barracking AP right from the start. Pathetic. Quite apart from the offence this caused to a number of spectators today, I thought that we were supposed to SUPPORT our team.

• I suspect the knobhead who initiated the issue on Friday has learnt some life lessons and grown up a bit in the last few days.
    Further evidence here, I am afraid, that his knobhead mates have not.

• Not with you, @DevC . What do you see here that draws you to that conclusion?

• Unfortunately leopards can't change their spots, thus once a knobhead always a knobhead

• I wonder if Adam Clift genuinely thinks he helped Blackman regain his form by barracking him on social media and - and this is a mere educated guess - shouting obscenities at him with his mates in the crowd. I'm afraid I haven't been able to take his match reports seriously since mid February when Adam decided that a tweet from Jamal in which he said he was returning to Chelsea in the summer "proves he doesn't give two fucks about Wycombe Wanderers".

• edited April 2017

@DevC - A public forum isn't the place for me to discuss this any further, so I won't react to your comment.

• shame he didn't headbutt you !!

• Having watched today's game and then read the match report, I am able to take it perfectly seriously. It is a well-balanced report that is closely in step with what I saw. I particularly enjoyed the fair-mindedness in the description of our penalty.

• Some of you really need to take your tongue out of AP's sphincter, you were clearly going to hammer whatever Clifty reported that wasn't glowing praise.

No one I've spoken to who went to the game said Pierre played particularly well or badly, so a 6 seems reasonable. If he'd had a stormer you could rightly complain.

@Cyclops your moaning at the "cronies" comes across as pathetic as you think they are moaning at the team.

• @clifty04 said:
    DevC - A public forum isn't the place for me to discuss this any further, so I won't react to your comment.

Brilliantly funny

• @Username said:
    Some of you really need to take your tongue out of AP's sphincter, you were clearly going to hammer whatever Clifty reported that wasn't glowing praise.

No one I've spoken to who went to the game said Pierre played particularly well or badly, so a 6 seems reasonable. If he'd had a stormer you could rightly complain.

Cyclops your moaning at the "cronies" comes across as pathetic as you think they are moaning at the team.

Stop telling people what they can or cannot do. Your post history shows that you weren't keen at all on AP before the 'incident', so it's clear you come with an agenda.

And as for poor old Clifty getting hammered, a case of dish it out but can't take it?

I am amused by the spectacle of a group of supporters who appear to have become obsessed with the gasroom - it's really got under their skin despite their protests that it's just full of aged moaners. Personally I don't need to keep banging on about that Facebook group because I stopped reading it a long time ago. But if people set out to be offended, what can you do?

• @rmjlondon said:
    shame he didn't headbutt you !!

Is that another of your infamous FACTS Richie?

• edited April 2017

My post history suggests I've got an agenda against AP?! What?

He's one of the best out and out defenders we've had.

Anything that isn't 100% positive is seen as some sort of vendetta/ "drone army" membership, especially when it's not written by a full fledged member of the gasroom oaps society.

I doubt he really cares, it's more just amusing how falsely superior each group tries to make itself out to be, especially when this one genuinely believes it's own crap - I at least think most of the "mob" know they're acting like nobs.

• @aloysius I'm with you on this one. It's a great public service that whoever posts the report on this forum always warns us if it is written by @clifty04 and then I can ignore his bile.

• Absolutely pathetic

• Thanks @clifty04 for the match report. Always great to have a first hand account, really appreciate it.

• Agreed @NorsQuarters. I don't agree with you on everything @clifty04 and not giving a comment for Pierre is childish, but I do appreciate the effort you put into writing a report for Vital and it would be a shame if you stopped doing it.

• @Right_in_the_Middle Have you read the report? If so, could you point out the bile that I seem to have missed? My inferior comprehension skills have wrongly flagged up bile in your post but none in the report.

• @clifty04 What @Chris said. And don't take us "gasroom oaps society" too seriously. Age (and growing up before Twitter) allows us to pontificate and patronise in equal measure. We're probably all jealous of the days of freedom and lack of responsibility to be able to get off your heads that you and your group seem to have. Make the most of it!

(I do however wish some of the language and abuse would be toned down a bit though. The excessive use of the C word does make me reluctant to bring along my daughters to away games sometimes).

• I largely agree with Chris. As an expat, I value the Vital Match Report to inform me what is going on. To be honest with this particularly contributor, I have learnt to take with a pinch of salt comments in respect of whichever latest player Clifty and the Knobheads (tribute band for RGS's favourite son?) have decided to anoint with star status or condemn as conference south at best, but generally the reports (including his) are useful and interesting.

Mr Clift has rather let himself down with his immaturity this time however, IMHO.

No doubt Mr Howard and Mr Stroud are watching closely to see if lessons have been learnt from this event or whether further action will be required over the summer.
    At present I see very few Reasons To Be Cheerful in this respect.

• @HCblue I don't read the reports from @clifty04 since he started his abuse towards Jamal Blackman in those reports, on Twitter and on Facebook. I've no idea what he has written in his Barnet match report but whatever it is I will read in the context of those reports of matches I saw with my own eyes and the personal abuse he gave a young player on social media.