Skip to content

Aaron Pierre

Comments

• I won't be there, don't worry. Don't think Pierre should be either.

• @arnos_grove - You say you do not wish the club to ban troublemakers because "we've not got enough supporters" is frankly totally illogical. I know a couple of wycombe supporters who don't go to away matches anymore because of these George like characters. I am sure banning the half dozen or so yobs would have the reverse effect in terms of our attendances.

• @Username it should be pointed out that it is still an alleged head butt at this stage.

I am also intrigued as to what form you think the "distasteful scenes" would take if he was picked?

• It's funny, lots of people on here who regularly pop up to tell the Gasroom to get over itself when posters criticise 'true fans' alleged bad behaviour at different games...are now telling Gasroomers to get over itself and stop defending alleged bad behaviour by a player. I have no idea what happened, but when AP first arrived his mum used to sit by me and it seemed to me he came from a decent family with a strong moral base. He consistently gives his all for the team and acknowledges the appreciation of the terrace at every game...so a) I find it very bizarre a fan would abuse him anyway and b) that he would react so strongly. It is a very strange situation indeed and hopefully it is sorted out soon.

• @mooneyman I must have missed the bit where either party admitted publicly to criminal acts

• @Username You might be surprised to find we are not all online warriors. Nobody got banned or suspended at Worcester in 86 and that was punches and kicks on the pitch during a match with players and fans. Just saying

• lol ...all mouth and trousers ... that would be them if they ever saw/came across a proper 'firm' .... infact i know what would be in their trousers

• @Username I'm sure AP recognises he has let the club down, as I think does George to some extent. I also think you are wrong that supporters don't have responsibilities as 'representatives' of the club. As the earlier discussions around the Chelsea racist fans showed it is perfectly reasonable of a football club to take the steps necessary to protect the club's reputation where and when practical.

I don't think any of our fans (in terms of the 'group' in question) are in that position yet, most are just going through the same drunken idiot phase a lot of us passed through, but some of the comments about the behaviour deterring other 'genuine' supporters from attending is genuine

• edited April 2017

@Username I'm always surprised that you bother hanging around when you could in reality be contributing to more all action well trousered forums.

• @bookertease said:
    Username it should be pointed out that it is still an alleged head butt at this stage.

I am also intrigued as to what form you think the "distasteful scenes" would take if he was picked?

I think it's pretty clear the headbutt took place

And when an inevitable chant goes up from "that group", people will react and there's likely to be confrontation.

• @Username said:
    And when an inevitable chant goes up from "that group", people will react and there's likely to be confrontation.

How about "that group" take a lesson from Friday and shut their sodding mouths then. And who is going to react? Who is this confrontation going to be between?

• @Username surely the 'head butt' is anything but clear. The pictorial evidence is inconclusive at best and pretty laughable to some. Now we all know a football match 'head butt ' could be as simple as a quick nose rub followed by one party hitting the ground like they've been hit by a sniper. Rarely does any damage get done.
    Only one side of the story has been told to my knowledge. I find it pretty sad a great player has been written off as a thug by you and some other drones. For me I seen Pierre's braveness in the battle, coolness under a pressure and good humour in the face of some poor behaviour enough times to give him my support when some idiot allegedly provokes him. It all goes quiet when the actual nature of this abuse is questioned. I think I know why.

• @drcongo said:
    How about "that group" take a lesson from Friday and shut their sodding mouths then. And who is going to react? Who is this confrontation going to be between?

You honestly expect a player headbutting a fan not to be brought up if the player is on the pitch?

There'll inevitably be some anti-Pierre feeling, and people like you/ seemingly a majority of the gasroom who have a hatred of that "group" are likely to react. Mix that with the inevitable hoofball and 1-0 loss and I could quite easily see it boiling over.

• @mooneyman said:
    arnos_grove - You say you do not wish the club to ban troublemakers because "we've not got enough supporters" is frankly totally illogical. I know a couple of wycombe supporters who don't go to away matches anymore because of these George like characters. I am sure banning the half dozen or so yobs would have the reverse effect in terms of our attendances.

To be fair, I agree. Was just trying a different approach. You have to hope that these people decide to wind it in a little themselves before the bans get dished out. They make my away day experience less enjoyable for sure.

• I actually believe that George stokes should be going and Pierre should be picked......otherwise this is going to rumble on and on...both should show that it's done and dusted....@georgestokes13, why are you not attending?

• @Username as I keep saying there is minimal evidence that a head butt took place and the photographic evidence actually suggests the contrary. There may have been intent on APs part to head butt GS but the injury sustained does not appear to be indicative of a head butt. That could be due to: a) the photo not showing the true extent of the damage, b) AP pulling out at the last second and making minimal contact or c) the contact never being intended as a head butt - more of AP getting into GS's face. My point is we don't actually know at this stage.

I must admit I did smile at one of your earlier posts. There is a certain irony in playing the 'family club' card to justify why action should be taken against AP. Some of the persistent language from a certain group (who may or may not be part of GS group) is not exactly conducive with a family friendly atmosphere

• Is that a threat @Username?

• edited April 2017

@drcongo said:
    Is that a threat Username?

Course not, not even sure what part of it could possibly be taken as a threat/ I'm not going to Barnet anyway/ I don't usually stand with that group in any case.

And @bookertease , he clearly hasn't gone in full whack, but it's undeniable he's made contact, and that's enough.

And Wycombe being a family club is much more relevant to its employees than punters unfortunately. One is a paid representative, one is any idiot with a tenner in his pocket off the street who wants to watch football.

• @Username From my recent reading on the matter I feel I should point out that the/your stated objectives if AP is picked to play sound like they could be considered Assault

• @username out of interest enough for what?

• just out of interest, did anybody actually witness this claimed assault ? and blood on somebody face on a twitter post proves absolutely nothing.

• I can quite easily see an anti-Pierre chant provoking a stand off between two groups of wwfc fans in the terrace that could boil over into something more yes.

In no way am I saying I'm going to be involved, but it really wouldn't surprise me to hear that it's happened

• And at no point have I justified the guys actions? It's just assumed that because I'm not blindly saying AP is a "hero" and shouldn't get any punishment. They were both idiots, unfortunately only one is paid not to be.

• @username - I can assure you that AP will not be playing for WW tomorrow but as our season is over it won't matter much will it. He was off in the summer anyway so 5 game early isn't going to harm us very much but leaves a bad taste in the mouth of most supporters as its not the way he should be remembered.

• My guess is that the majority of fans at Barnet will have no idea what the hell is going on either way. There will then be a proportion amongst the rest showing support for AP and a proportion showing anti-Pierre feelings. Most of the former already think the latter group are 'young, drunken yobs' and most of the latter already think the former are boring and past it. So no difference really

• Am I still ok to remind the linesman that he's shit once or twice a game, or will I be banned?

• I think that if AP does get suspended and then moved on, which may be fair, a proper enquiry should be done to the guys actions - and if he has moved over the line, then he should be banned also. Something has to be done against these abhorrent fans who think they can rule the roost over the club.

• This is one of the most pathetic episodes in all my time supporting Wycombe Wanderers. If Pierre does not play tomorrow it will be an absolute joke

• George reckons himself as a bit of a lad and eggnog he comes to adams park he gets together with his mates and gets full of drink and enjoys giving it large from the relative anonymity of the terrace.

Among others,Jamal Blackman,Sam wood,and WDH have been target by this small group in what most reasonable people would consider to be unacceptable and unsavoury verbal abuse

George yells abuse at AP outside Tesco however for once,outside the safety of anonymity,AP calls him out and puts one on him.

George being a wannabe Journo rushes to Twitter to squeal.

George and his mates go to the club to squeal and are given fair hearing and process by their own admission

George and some mates however continue to big it up on social media .

George plays for the sympathy victim angle but it blows back in his face because too many people recognise him and know him for being a lad who has had this coming for a while.

AP was wrong and should be punished by the club,George was wrong and should be punished . Give Pierre 3 weeks off. Give George first 3 months of the new season off and put him on a good behaviour order

• Whatever stance you take on this issue, one thing is not up for discussion; young George will forever be known as "that dickhead who Pierre head butted".

Imagine that - having that label for the rest of your life. Hilarious!

He'll probably have his own mention on the real Wikipedia, let alone Wycipedia, if Pierre never plays for us again.