Skip to content

The referee for Saturday is...

Mr Trevor Kettle...playoffs it is then :(

Comments

• Mr T Kettle ?? sounds a bit "potty" to me.

• let's hope the match doesn't boil over

• Yeh we don't want anybody just steaming in

• You kenwood say that

• Spout of order, he's allowed his say

• I reckon we will win this one tea-sly.

• it never rains, but it pours

• We can milk it for all its worth

• Water load of awful puns.

• Why do we always have terrible refs? Makes my blood boil.

• BloodTea hell you lot er barmy!

• I can't take the strain its been brewing for days it could bubble over if he can't get a handle on the game and keep a lid on things

• We will have to urn our points on Saturday

• If we don't play too well let's hope we can still mug Wimbledon for the three points

• With his help, perhaps we can still catch the brewers?

• Apologies for my ignorance but what is it about teapot Trevor we should be concerned about?

• I have my answer, clearly not a whistling kettle.

• His surname should be bottle, as he bottled most of the big decisions. Penalty shouts at both ends but a pathetic sending off.

• The Wimbledon supporters are complaining of bias towards the Wanderers. Why not just accept that they all do their best.

• Hate to say it but it was a red for Pierre - the first yellow was soft but the second was indisputable.

• I thought Kettle was an absolute disgrace yesterday and the two lino's weren't much better. No complaints with Pierre's second yellow but similar tackles went unpunished earlier in the match.
    My biggest problem was his lack of mobility and not being close enough to the action. It was a physical game on a bouncy pitch and he needed to be closer to the action.
    He didn't change the result but I do wonder how he passes league fitness tests.

• Pierre's first yellow was highly questionable and the application of yellow cards seemed patchy and inconsistent. Though as strange as some of the officials decisions (and lack thereof) were, the underlying theme of the match was us being down to the bare bones of the squad, battling on with patched up warriors putting in yet another shift and gaining what could be a crucial point that helps secure promotion. You might even argue that if the officials had made all the right decision every time, Wimbledon could easily have been given at least one penalty.

• I don't think his first yellow was questionable at all. There is a fair amount of jostling that goes on at every set piece but he gave him a massive shove

• lets be fair Aaron needs to learn that you can't pick up the amount of cards he does and get away with it forever, he is now 1 yellow away from missing all the play off games I don't believe there is a cut off for 15 yellow cards but he is on 14 which would be 15 if the red didn't replace the yellow in the sending off on Saturday.
    Also even more reason Ainsworth should have kept Danny Rowe in the side when he performed so well the last time Pierre was banned and he probably wouldn't have been recalled.

• He does seem to have been a bit on edge of late. It was only thanks to the leniency of the ref v Oxford that he didn't get a second yellow then.

• @blueh_w Pierre is on 13 yellow cards so is two away.

• @blueh_w You wouldn't have put Pierre back in the team?

• given his recent comments about Alfie Mawson I'd suggest the lad isn't a leading authority on the art of centre half play

• Rowe performed very well in his 2 games and didn't deserve to be dropped. If he is being dropped when he performs brilliantly what would you do next time you were picked ??

• Which of Pierre or Mawson would you have left out?