Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth

2»

Comments

• edited March 2017

With supporters like you @chapmanio I'm sure Max will do just fine.

I disagree with you massively but then opinions are personal and can't be wrong.
    I just don't ever want to be graded by you as your standards are probably a bit too high for a mere mortal.

I remember Max getting horribly out of position once last night and probably twice on Saturday. The penalty incident was 50-50 in terms of an actual foul as both players were falling. To balance that he must have fairly routinely made 20 or more clearing headers during the two games and defended in open play well enough for us not to conceed a goal.

If were uncomfortable ever time he's near the ball I'd get a medical check up. I worry you might not last the season, let alone watch him next year.

• Müller has shown glimpses that he could be a decent option for us, though he seems to be behind the play too often at the moment. Being a good centre back is as much about reading the game and positioning as anything else, and these are things that can be worked on. For someone who's returning from a long-term injury and is new to English football, I reckon he's worth persevering with for a while longer to see if he can learn on the job (while giving De Havilland a fair crack of the whip as well).

• @chapmanio although he has been caught out for pace a few times, from what I have seen I think Max M is a decent ball player who is calm on the ball and can pick a pass. But I do wear glasses. I think AP and AS were our centre-back pairing during the troubled period earlier in the season so it's not all his fault...

• Crikey @Right_in_the_Middle the insults are a bit unnecessary don't you think?

You repeatedly highlight how opinions can differ, but then suggest I need a medical check-up...

As I've said, twice now, I hope the extended run of games will help, and there are suggestions it might, but that doesn't change the poor performances in the last two games, in my opinion!

Also, @Wendoverman I'm not sure where anyone suggested Max was entirely at fault...

• The medical advice was for the worry not the opinion.
    Sorry if you thought anything was insulting. It wasn't planned as such.
    I just disagree with you on the last two Max Muller performances.