Skip to content

Bayo Akinfenwa - Div 2 player of the month votes needed

Follow the link on the club website to vote for Bayo. At the moment diving Danny Hilton is leading the voting with Bayo in second place.

Comments

• Diving Danny is still marginally ahead - come on, get your votes in by 7pm tonight

• Done and Mrs Ital too

• Didn't realise these things were down to a public vote. Kind of makes it a totally different award doesn't it? Rather than Player of the Month it's Player with the highest support base and social media pull of the month.

• It would be interesting to see how many times a Pompey, Luton or Plymouth player has won having been nominated.

• Looks like Akinfenwa's much touted twitter engagement figures have failed to come through for him this time.

• Brexit, Trump, Hylton. Never let the public vote on important issues.

• This might sound like sour grapes, but it does rather diminish the relevance of the award when it's voted for by the general public. Football fans aren't generally known for their impartiality, Joe Bloggs will vote for the guy who plays for his team, even if there is a more deserving candidate and the player who plays for the team with the biggest fan base will most likely win.

What is the point?

• Let's hope it's like the oscars and diving danny gets halfway through his acceptance speech before they haul him off the stage

• It'll be hard to haul him off stage when he falls to the floor clutching the trophy!

• He'll never make the stage. I've never seen him get that far without falling over.

Complete scum of the earth

• This is not the Football League Player of the Month award, Hylton is not in the shortlist for that, but the PFA Fans POTM which gets voted for by fans only. Will regularly go to players from the "bigger" clubs

• Just seen the nomination for the proper award. Never heard of this fans version before.

• I voted at least 20 times for Bayo

• It seems to be a Sky Sports award.

• I seem to remember a Plymouth player won the fans vote award the month Kashket got the 'official' award. Hylton not even nominated for the official award for this month. Just goes to show how pointless the voting one is.

• Spot on. Truly pointless.

We were always going to do well to beat Luton for this sort of thing!