Skip to content

Aaron Holloway

edited April 2015 in Football

Must have been a fairly frustrating season at times for him but I must say I'm really impressed with Aaron, glad he's getting the game time. His control on the ball is amongst the best in the squad and he always seems to bring value to possession, much needed when we can occasionally slip in to the habit of just hooking the ball forwards and hoping for the best.

Let's hope we can tie him down for a few years in the summer, really promising if he can stay injury-free.

Comments

• @Jonny hear, hear.

• i was saying the same thing at the game yesterday, he is really good and improving all the time. Good stuff from Gaz for seeing his potential last summer.

• He's obviously been great and showed some real class yesterday. But - cue mass irriation - I don't like when we start with him. It makes us too one-dimensional as the obvious pass when he's on is the long one.

Our 4231 with Hayes, Saunders and Wood in behind Fred is, I think, our best formation

• @prufrock_91 Fred gets knocked off the ball too easily when up top. And Hayes looks too isolated out wide. Although I agree we are more effective with Holloway from the bench.

Would like to see Holloway get in more positions to score. Too often the ball goes into the six yard box and he has failed to gamble on it. Agree his combination of strength and ball control means he has some real potential.

• I thought he was awsum sat along with pier

• @Glenactico said:
    prufrock_91 Fred gets knocked off the ball too easily when up top. And Hayes looks too isolated out wide. Although I agree we are more effective with Holloway from the bench.

Would like to see Holloway get in more positions to score. Too often the ball goes into the six yard box and he has failed to gamble on it. Agree his combination of strength and ball control means he has some real potential.

Against Luton, Hayes was very good out wide. He's able to drift inward and gets more of the ball to have an influence.

Our best position for Saunders is without doubt in the middle, he's one of our best ball-players so it makes sense to put him in a position where he receives more of it.

• Holloway was my MOTM...excellent given the grappling he was getting. Fred was being knocked off the ball very easily I thought