Skip to content

Comments

• No library shot of Bayo in a Wycombe shirt yet? Happy to see him at the top of the report as it means he's scoring but isn't a more recent one available?

• Muller 6?? Really? Was mom today.

• Not surprised that you gave blsckman a 5 .

• @Right_in_the_Middle Sorry, that's all I've got. The Vital photo library is in a right old state.

• Bewildered, I read lots of comments criticising certain players over and over again yet the root cause of our problem goes unmentioned- can someone explain where, over the past six or so games the midfield have gone? Gap is contributing nothing and O'Nein just goes to ground all the time. Also what has Seido done wrong? three free kicks in perfect positions for him and Sam W and Sam S hog useless attempts. As I say bewildered.

• Mentioned this on another thread. No goals from midfield ..underperformed of late in my eyes.

• As someone already mentioned, not a lot the midfield can do when the ball is always 20 feet over their heads.

Yesterday was awful. Against windy conditions, a petty, picky ref and uninspired opposition we were simply dreadful. Did we string two passes together at any point in the match?

• I'd have given Jakubiak 0 for taking that shot at the end instead of squaring it for Akinfenwa. Utterly cretinous

• Yes and by the look Bayo was giving him, I'd think he had some explaining to do in the dressing room afterwards.

• He needs digging out for that. Akinfenwa had every right to be raging

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    As someone already mentioned, not a lot the midfield can do when the ball is always 20 feet over their heads.

Yesterday was awful. Against windy conditions, a petty, picky ref and uninspired opposition we were simply dreadful. Did we string two passes together at any point in the match?

I think it was 50 feet. And yes, we strung a whole lot of passes together in the first quarter of an hour. We are well capable of playing that way but the obsession with hoofball nearly always resurfaces. I know I've said it until I'm blue in the face (COYB) but wouldn't it be great to see Woody or Weston wide left and PCH wide right with two from Gape, Saunders and Bloomfield (or Luke O) in the middle?

Ironically two of the more impressive players for Crawley were Aliu Djalo (No 24, 5'6") and Dean Cox (No 28, 5'4") so, slightly tongue in cheek and awaiting comment from Malone, I'd have no problem with Saunders and Gape being the central pairing.

Statement of the bleeding obvious but something has to change or comments about the insanity of repeating what's not working will soon re-appear.

• I wasn't there yesterday so can't comment on that, but I'd love to see us at least try 442 against Accrington, with PCH and Weston on the flanks.

Not sure who you'd leave out in central midfield. I think we need to start Saunders for his creativity and quality on the ball, although it almost seems wasteful to have a player of Gape's quality on the bench.

• Totally agree @Jonny_King as you'll have gathered from my earlier (oft-repeated) posts. We need to start a crusade.

• Weatherwise, there must be some doubt about Tuesday's match. A lot of rain in the northwest and Accy's last home game was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch of course. Postponement would be a mixed blessing.

• PCH was not worthy of a 5. Offside over and over. Throwing himself to the floor at the slightest bit of contact. Giving nothing attacking wise. Failing to make runs that anticipated flicks. Just a really poor day for him.

• PCH was clearly struggling with a knock.