Skip to content

Match day thread: Crawley

Comments

• Match commentary will be live on BBC3CR DAB & Chairboys Player. This afternoon we will be joined by Scotty

• With my track record for crying at the football, probably best that I'll be 420 miles from Adams Park today. Will be sobbing onto my radio come the 5th minute at 3.09pm.

• Stewart ruled out through injury as well so that's 3 defenders missing today ffs!

• May be time to get Rowe back as cover at CB if possible?

• I'm not going today I'm sick to death of the style of play it's painful, what's the point having a quality playmaker like saunders and then bypassing the midfield? Hopefully that will change today but I won't hold my breath

• The Beast scores again, 1-0,14 for the season now.

• Bigred the eternal fucking optimist as per usual.

Goal assist from the back up defender. Perhaps all isn't lost?

• I don't think anyone predicted the difference Akinfenwa has made, I thought it was a mediocre signing and he'd be holding up the ball for others rather than scoring much himself.

• Same as that but i'm happy to be proved wrong.

• Same old story ....conceded again . #groundhogday #watchuslose

• Hahaha yep prediction was right! If Ranieri got sacked .....we are a joke . #soshit

• Why dont you just fuck off @Wwfc2015_

• Quite.

• @M3G said:
    Why dont you just fuck off Wwfc2015_

Nope ! I can air my views ...and they are that we are shit

• Let's face it we are shit. GA is underachieving with the best squad that we have had in years . Losing to Crawley? What an embarrassment.

• That's football.

• 8 defeats in 9 games now

• Is this just a blip?

• I fear it's more to do with GA not having a plan B when we are missing key players such as Pierre and Kashket.

• edited February 2017

coyb

• I find it strange that people can't come on here and say how they feel without getting a ton of abuse from other members. People are entitled to their opinions and they shouldn't be attacked for them

• Wwfc2015_ Completely understand yours and the frustration of others - personally I think Gareth and co have done an excellent job again this season - we are still in the top half of the table and still in with a very good shout of a play off place so we cant be that bad. When GA has a fully fit squad to choose from, I have no doubt we will be back to winning ways and challenging for a play off place - BELIEVE !

• Although the linesman and ref contributed to our downfall we should have put a team like that away. We seem to only have the one option and that is the long ball to Bayo. Our midfield never get the ball to feet and are left to run forward and backward as the ball is pumped over their head.
    We must have a plan B but I fear it won't be forthcoming. Ainsworth just makes like for like subs and only after 70 minutes.

• edited February 2017

Coyb

• I think it's telling that when a discussion broke on the Blackburn Rovers forum about who would replace Owen Coyle literally everyone ruled out GA as a viable replacement. Whilst he has worked and continues to work wonders at Wycombe his style of football is appalling. We were heavy favourites for today's game according to bet365 and yet we have somehow lost again. This will be another average season which is better than a relegation scrap but ultimately frustrating as this is supposed to be his best squad

• We score from a cross out wide so what shall we do for the rest of the game - bang it straight down the middle. Beggars belief. Ainsworth has to take the blame for a lot of that. No width. Just the same back to front that is so dreadful to watch.
    PCH had the worst game I can remember him having in a wycombe shirt. His failure to get back from offside positions shows he was not mentally with it today.
    Just too many wrongs.

• @gymmonkey74 bold statement from a man that just did an assumed character assassination of another member. Abuse is abuse, a member saying that a team is playing awful is not an excuse for others to then make insulting assumptions of that individual

• Fairs fair. I apologies. Let's just hope we turn it around. Let's get behind them!

• Pogo - my thoughts entirely and I am sure we will be back on track soon