Skip to content

Match day thread: Colchester

Comments

• COYB! Believe!!

• Can't stand COLU and I'm sure Macca didn't like them too. Lets get at them today, play like Saturday with fire in our bellies and more clinical finishing and I can see a result. #COYB

• As the old addage goes... "Colchester wank wank wank!!!"

• As I said in the 'Colchester Preview' thread.........it's amazing to see the clear dislike. Great passion guys, keep it going and Believe!

• Gareth serving a one match touchline ban tonight -of all nights!

• COYB. We hate Col U!!!!!!! We really need a good performance tonight for the fans, as we didn't really compete in the home fixture. Onward and Upward !!

• Pleased with the team - Gape has had a bit of Harriman-syndrome, in that as soon as the contract was signed, he dropped off the boil.

Not too happy that our only cover in that position is pinball Beano.

BUT COYB

• Very harsh on Gape. He's a young lad in his first full season. He was always going to dip at some stage. The black and white attitude of some of the morons on here is awful at times.

• ColU have 11 injuries but still can name a full bench. Just goes to show how well we've done/are doing to reach this point in the table position we are. I can't understand the downer on Dominic as even with a slight form dip, he's good in my view. Anyway...COYB!

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    The black and white attitude of some of the morons on here is awful at times.

You think that's bad, you should try hopping onto the Facebook group...

I agree though, I just don't see how anyone can think a player would voluntarily drop his performance levels after signing a contract. And that certainly wasn't the case with Gape - it's plainly obvious that his dip in form is simply down to fatigue. Hopefully the rest will do him good, and Bean will be fired up against his old club.

• We are so useless at the moment

• When we get on a bad run, we find it bloody hard to get off it don't we!

• Gape is a good player. Even with fatigue he is better than Bean.

• I think Gape has played very well since signing permanently myself.

• He's been poor in the last 2games imo

• He will be fine

• I hope were not gonna go on a 16game winless run

• We may be 1-0 down but the commentary on player is certainly making me smile at times.

• Is there a reason why the players are not wearing black armbands tonight? I would have thought that was a given, seeing as one of our greats passed away just yesterday. I assume there will be memorials on Saturday, however I would have thought armbands would have been appropriate tonight

• @Blue_since_1990 They're just infilling with funny stuff and repartee, a bit like the old cricket test match commentary in years gone by.

• Looks like DeHavilland is off and Muller on. DeHavilland booked and warned. Is he really up to it at all his level?

• at this level

• It sounds as if we can score soon we could get 3. I always live in hope.

• JJs booking there means he misses the next 2

• Sadly it appears that I am wrong yet again. Joe deserves a rest.

• As you wish.... He's got a red

• Go we ar3 so shit!!