Skip to content

Match day thread: Cheltenham

Comments

• McClure back on the bench

• Good job, GA, you know it makes sense. Awesome lineup.

• Bury 1 up

• As are Shrewsbury

• Yennaris with a shot , off the cross bar, over the line, not given!

• Southend also winning

• Yes yes yes yes yes!!

• As it stands playoffs guaranteed (ironic cheer)

• Way late on Ingram, yet again the benefit of doubt goes against us. The non-goal is a difficult one, was expected though, linesman didn't see it cross the line. Well done lads, more of the same in the second half.

PS where's the crowd gone?

• 2-1 Mawson, let's not mess up again

• 2-1 Alfie!

• 3 points, thanks lads.. its good in the hood. COYBs.

• Absolutely dreadful spectacle of football today. Not sure which side dragged the other down but it definately was not easy on the eye. All said and done it's about achieving three points and keeping that gap. A massive game coming up on Tuesday, three points from that and I believe we can limp over the finishing line. Exeter will be a tough nut to crack as I believe Tisdale is too shrewd a manager for GA. If we are leading at halftime expect Exeter to make changes and the challenge will be if our management team can counteract before it's too late?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Absolutely dreadful spectacle of football today. Not sure which side dragged the other down but it definately was not easy on the eye. All said and done it's about achieving three points and keeping that gap. A massive game coming up on Tuesday, three points from that and I believe we can limp over the finishing line. Exeter will be a tough nut to crack as I believe Tisdale is too shrewd a manager for GA. If we are leading at halftime expect Exeter to make changes and the challenge will be if our management team can counteract before it's too late?

To be a fair the wind and pitch conditions didn't help.

• Grinding out the result was the most important thing. I feel sorry for the players having to try and control the ball on our awful pitch.

• As said above poor game not helped by injuries on both sides. I thought the other Aaron should have been MoM. I felt at half time we would go on to win comfortably, but our reliance on Fred running on to the through ball makes us too one dimensional. Opposition have sussed us, we need a plan B by Tuesday. Exeter got dicked today and I fear a backlash. The injury to JJ looked bad, which means Sam Wood will probably have to switch to left back. Murphy did fine in midfield and I prefer him to Marcus. This leaves the bench and therefore the opportunities to change the game very limited. I am not convinced we have any game changers so time to cross fingers, rub your lucky rabbits foot and get your mum to wash your lucky pants.

• Saw JJ leaving the ground and he appeared fine.

• I went into the game very nervous that we would fail to put away struggling and desperate opponents with a new manager, however Cheltenham were probably the worst team to visit Adams Park for a good long while, even worse than we were last season. They would have been lucky to get nil, let alone the goal that was gifted to them by Hayes's uncharacteristic error after the initial challenge was good. If we were anywhere near our best we'd have rattled up at least three, but getting a win when below par isn't a bad sign.

Exeter will be a far tougher proposition, and we will have to raise our game considerably if we're going to get even a point.

• At this stage of the season it's not about performance, it's about results. Fantastic and heavily needed 3 points

• I thought the tackle just before half time by Pierre was pure class. I thought the guy was through and Pierre came from nowhere to get back, if he had mistimed that without a doubt he would have been off, and then it would have been squeaky bum time til the end of the season.

• Onto Tuesday COYB!