Skip to content

Comments

• Another excellent report. Score correctly predicted too. No mention here or on the match thread, though, of the dire performance of the linesman on the Frank Adams side. In the first half he missed two attempted throttlings and a blatant handball - all within 10 yards of him - and twice raised his flag for offside when the ball had got nowhere near our most advanced players. To be fair, he displayed a similarly perverse interpretation of the offside rules in the second half when Cheltenham were attacking the away end.

• Don't forget he also missed the ball crossing the line for our 'goal'.

Offsides are a difficult judgement to make, so there will always be errors. That being said I think linesman often get calls right that the crowd get wrong. They have a better understanding of the rules, and don't have bias.

• 'Don't forget he also missed the ball crossing the line for our 'goal'.'

Does anybody have proof this crossed the line? Watched it on the football league show and I couldn't tell. I have some sympathy for the linesman in this case.

• Where was the drummer yesterday?

• I couldn't tell from where I was sitting and I've not seen any videos yet, but Phil in the commentary highlights said that replays showed it was over.

• The worst decision was surely not getting a penalty when Pierre was clearly pulled back in the area

• Not to mention the countless times Holloway was pulled back, leaned on or had his shirt held. Both linesmen were simply appalling to be honest. There was an obvious corner for us second half that was given as a goal kick. It would have been comical if it wasn't so important.

• And have to say, Cheltenham were woeful. I think only Carlisle were worse this season. The whole game seemed to run in slow motion - little urgency from either side. Added to a muted atmosphere it was more like a pre-season friendly.

• Very unlikely to get any fluidicity to our game, with the constant fouls and infringments by the opposition, plus the bad touches dealing with the pitch conditions.

• @Chris - 11:09AM
    I couldn't tell from where I was sitting and I've not seen any videos yet, but Phil in the commentary highlights said that replays showed it was over.

Courtesy of Phil Catchpole...